Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tomorrow it happens....

Tomorrow (7/20) is the big day. I arrive at 5:30am surgery 7:30am and hopefully home the next day if all goes well. I will say these last two weeks of liquid diet have been challenging. Yes I cheated early on with a few baby dill pickles and the texture of a Protein Shake makes me gag but I'm through it. The next two weeks of liquids will present their own challenges but bring them on. I don't know if working 9 days straight with a packed schedule had just exhausted me or if I'm just not nervous yet. Now for the bottle of magnesium citrate for dinner :/. Here we go to the next exciting chapter.

Good luck to you! Why do you have to take magnesium citrate? I have my surgery on Sunday, but this is the first I've heard of that.

Sent from my SM-G935T using the BariatricPal App

It is what my Dr recommends I guess so everything will be cleaned out as much as possible in case of an accident.

Rock it! Can't wait!

See u on the losers bench!!!

Shantell500

Hope it all went well! This is a crazy fun ride (i'm 4.5 weeks post-op).

and jasminkw - not everyone has to do mag citrate before surgery - all depends on your surgical team, mine didn't want it. The purpose is yes, to "clean" you out.

Well I'm still in the hospital for night 3 now. I developed a hematoma after surgery and now my blood counts are too low fir me to be released. The drain site is really the only thing that is painful at this point.

My surgery was on July 20th. I was kept in Hosp an extra day because of pain and vomiting. I'm glad to be home but recovery sucks. I am already down 12 lbs just from surgery date. But I'm hungry darnit! Time for sugar free jello! We are sleeve buddies smartj84

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm in a similar spot as JKBtx. Had surgery on July 20th. Had to stay in hospital an extra night due to vomiting up blood. They actually moved me to icu but that wasn't necessary. I had surgical residences overseeing me and they panicked with blood and chest pains (gas). I'm home now and was supposed to go back to work today, but I just couldn't do it. I'm very dizzy. Anyone else experience this? Also I noticed almost every smell really bothers me. Like the nurses perfume made me gag and even tooth paste is funky.

Gonna keep trucking along and try to go back to work tomorrow. Just scared to drive with this dizziness.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Well I'm still in the hospital being a human pin cushion for the lab ladies (I'm a hard stick). Blood counts aren't staying up where they would like them and still having. Blood in the JP drain. I'm so over this

Sleeved same day...hang in there!!!

Working beyond grief for a better life!

Any update? Are you out of the hospital and healing?

Any update? Are you out of the hospital and healing?

I have been home for 2 days now. Healing yes but still have the drain and unfortunately the output is up today and it is very bright blood not watered down. I have a call into my surgeon.