Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm stuck and frustrated

I'm going to try the assorted pack for a week. The only thing that is concerning is the amount of sugar in the shakes compared to my Protein Shakes.< /p>

@@KristenLe @@Inner Surfer Girl @@LPNAshley

I thought the same thing until i tried it. ..& it took me over a year to try it.

I certainly believe that you came to think differently about the product or plan or whatever it is: You're a dealer.

My own preference is to eschew any sort of shake, anything that remotely is some sort of substitute for real food. I used a shake mix only right after surgery until I was given clearance for food. To rely on shake-type things for sustenance because of eating difficulties, whether related to bariatrics or not, would be sad enough; to choose them over real food, as real people eat, strikes me as daft. Above all I want to live as a sound human.

awesome, let me know what flavor you like most. Just a tip though, use a ninja or blender, don't try to just shake it up. ...i have only tried a few, but chocolate is where my heart is ....& I'm not even a sweets person.

You found a shake with less sugar that that? I couldn't find one i liked.

The cash register is clanging.

I appreciate those giving positive advice. I'm a bit confused why gastric sleeve (pre-op?) are providing advise. I've had a lap band. I want advice from those who have had the same surgery as me. If you don't like the advice, ignore it, it's not your request for advice. Rather than to start some verbal war. I appreciate the person who told me what worked for them.

I'm a RN. I know what I am eating is correct which is basically almost all Protein because I can't eat anymore than that. I tried Protein Bars, low sugar, I gained weight. So that means I need 1-2 Protein shakes a day, high protein low sugar especially since I am very active. I play an hour of singles or tennis drills. I alternate swimming 30 minutes or biking 5-8 miles 3-4 times a week.

I eat around 1000/1200 calories a day give or take. I work to add more calories in my diet.

I squeezed through my plateau and am slowly...slowly losing. It is very frustrating. Surgery Dec. 2015 and I am down since surgery 30 pounds, 40 pre surgery doing everything right. I have 90 to go. At least I've hit the under 100 pounds to lose.

So to get through my plateaus I mixed it up. Right now more of the Atkins or Keto diet with I do anyways but without the carbs, that's pretty easy. Most people just shed the weight. I'm still losing it so slowly.

Yes, I'm looking long term but I need something to get my body to get rid of this excess weight which is mostly around my stomach.

I am down 3 pant sizes. My goal is soon to be down another size by my reunion.

Stalls occur for anyone who is losing a significant amount of weight. They do not occur because of the kind of surgery you have. They are a natural part of the weight loss surgery process.

I apologize for providing information that you are uninterested in. Feel free to ignore it if you wish. I was just trying to help.

You might want to re read your post, because both were extremely rude. If i was trying to sell, i would have done much more & much differently. I shared because it WORKS FOR ME.

Do you mean that the cartwheels you've been turning not part of the pitch? They're a mere pre-game warm-up?

@@wincha The forum posted in is not always visible on the phone app so I didn't know you had LapBand. Regardless, I was not offering you advice on how to break your stall. I was voicing my opinion on the Shakeology sales pitch you (and all others reading a public forum) were getting.

I'm a RN. I know what I am eating is correct which is basically almost all Protein because I can't eat anymore than that. I tried Protein Bars, low sugar, I gained weight. So that means I need 1-2 Protein shakes a day, high Protein low sugar especially since I am very active. I play an hour of singles or tennis drills. I alternate swimming 30 minutes or biking 5-8 miles 3-4 times a week.

I eat around 1000/1200 calories a day give or take. I work to add more calories in my diet.

.slowly losing. It is very frustrating. Surgery Dec. 2015 and I am down since surgery 30 pounds,

excess weight which is mostly around my stomach.

As an RN, you're nutrition-intelligent. At times, though, we stray from our own expertise when it comes to ourselves. When a subject becomes personal, it's easy to lose the full picture. It's akin to the cobbler's children going barefoot.

Common wisdom in the world of lapband is protein, produce, Fiber -- in that order, but without forgoing any. You may want to switch your meal style or times, e.g., five smaller ones if you're sticking to three "normal" meals. You seem to be passing on produce and Fiber, which could be slowing your rate of weight loss. You may need a more balanced intake.

There's also the chance that you've fallen prey to a common trap: Unrealistic expectations. The fact that you are losing weight is significant. Don't shortchange yourself on that. The rate at which you lose may just be the way your body works. It may be your choice of non-real food which may metabolize inefficiently. It may be the whim of the planets. What sounds like little to no produce and fiber would play a part. Menstruation... There are many factors and possibilities. I've found that, as long as I eat properly, everything comes together in good time.

There is no such thing as "spot reducing," vis à vis your reference to your stomach area. Reducing happens everywhere. You can tone/tighten the area with appropriate strength exercises. It'll get you closer to the visual you may want.

One last thought. An appointment with your practice RD can help you make effective changes. Take along a week or two's worth of your food trackers. I've always found that having a complete record is more important for the times that my choices need tweaking or when my rate of loss becomes disappointing. Being able to review everything I've eaten tells me what needs changing.

P.S. Rats! I didn't recognize the topic or see that I responded way back. My first effort apparently was for naught. To have gone through it twice, moreso the second time, really rips it. I'll leave the above post in case someone else comes along in need of sound ideas.

It appears folks want to spend more time criticizing than helping. I saw my NP everything I'm eating is correct. Protein Shakes are a good way to get my Protein in along with food protein first then other food. My goal is 80 grams or so of protein a day. Yes my body is losing weight slowly. Yes it's mainly belly fat. Of course I wish it came off faster considering my diet and excercise. I just prefer to read posts that are non confrontational.

Drama... drama..drama.. don't need it already have a teen age daughter who gives me plenty of that. Barbie thanks for the info, I do appreciate it!

Others...provide supportive comments and leave the rudeness and quips at home.