Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everyone

I'm sure some of you are familiar with my visa-story.

Anyways, I finally got one and travelling in 10 days to KCM, Poland.

I don't feel anything. I mean I don't wanna get too excited. I was scheduled for surgery in April and was excited and ready then it didn't happen so I'm wishing so hard this time it all goes according to plan.

I'll be going alone. Scary kind of but that's my only option.

I was supposed to start my pre op diet 3 days ago but haven't yet and I will start tomorrow :-)

I will order Vitamins online. I have no clue which kinds and which ones to get. I would greatly appreciate any advice from you. And should I get like the chewable ones? Or normal ones since I'll be able to swallow after like 2 weeks post surgery.

Also, I will order Protein Powder. A plant-based one since I'm allergic to dairy, whey, and casein.

I will pack my bag lightly. Just a few leggings, t-shirts, and such. Wish I could bring my laptop as I need to be working on my research but it's too heavy to carry + I don't think I'll be able to concentrate well.

Anyways, if you could please give me advice on the whole thing and whether I missed a thing. These days I'm busy 24/7 as I'm trying to write a lot on my research so I can recover well after surgery without having to stress about it.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hey Lulu

Finally! I wish you lots of luck but I'm sure you'll be absolutely fine. I got normal Vitamins as I couldn't find any chewable ones.

About a week after the op as I forgot to buy them.

Edited by RosieCheeks

Not long now Lulu, remember to keep us posted. x

I will sure.

They asked me to go on a liquid diet and stared yesterday and was welcomed with a headache :-)

Living on smoothies, juices and Soups this week.

But I need to buy Protein powder to add to my smoothies.

I'm kind of scared because I'm going alone but also I CANT WAIT TO BE SLEEVED!

I'm also scared like from any pain or nausea and needles...ugh...all worth it in the end...

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

You'll be absolutely fine. I was astounded how painless the whole thing was.

Hi Lulu

I've scanned some pages of the foods/stages booklet my NHS nurse gave to me when I had the surgery last month. Hope it helps you!

(and I hope it works, this is the first time I've added an attachment in this forum).

Jo x

post-297135-0-65108100-1469637288_thumb.jpeg

post-297135-0-19857200-1469637290_thumb.jpeg

post-297135-0-41984400-1469637291_thumb.jpeg

post-297135-0-74343900-1469637292_thumb.jpeg

post-297135-0-30409400-1469637294_thumb.jpeg

Edited by JJCool

Hi Lulu

I was in the clinic for my stay but I didn't eat anything. You'll just need sips of Water and probably sleep a lot. Ask the company you're going with for recommendations. Sorry I can't help, I had a different set-up.

Hey Lulu

My friend came back sleeved on Saturday from Prague and said she still can't believe how right I was when I said how painless the whole thing was. She's convinced they put her to sleep and didn't do anything ;)