Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Catching up—kitchen overhaul et al.,

Hey Team BP,

Macronutrients are the theme for the next two weeks.

Have been working on a lot:

Wednesday's class—the counselor actually had me speak about Bariatric Pal, and the support network/informational opportunities that I've see so far. Maybe some of my class members will join in the future!

Kitchen overhaul happened on Friday night; tossed everything that was even remotely unhealthy, and totally cleaned out the cupboards. All alcohol was also dumped down the drain. I'm not a big drinker by any means, but people gift lots of liquor and wine to me...it is something I would love to move away from.

The six month program has a VERY specific list of foods recommended for consumption, so I bought my groceries online for delivery with Von's. Didn't want to have any bright ideas in the store and add non-recommended foods to my cart.

Made my hearty vegan crockpot chili, and meal prepped through Tuesday—I'm a lily when it comes to food, so my leftovers have to be relatively fresh. I can't prep for more than 3 days at a time.

This morning double fueled because I just got back from an awesome hike, and it was incredibly smart...burned off everything I consumed and then some. (2) GF everything bagel with avocado, uncured turkey bacon, whipped cream cheese; 1/4c. cottage cheese with fresh blueberries.

The trail I discovered today is a little gem! They have signs everywhere that talk about the benefits of exercise hidden around, little reading nooks, playgrounds, AND it's on a lake. This week, my goal is to climb all over the playground bars and such.

Misfit had their Shine activity trackers on sale for only $39.99, so I purchased one. It syncs with My Fitness Pal, and doesn't need to be recharged so I can wear it 24/7 for six months. I don't carry the phone with me everywhere, so really needed a solution for food to activity ratios.

Onward!

❤️

—FGS

post-294988-14687851427156_thumb.jpg

post-294988-14687850610395_thumb.jpg

post-294988-14687847195655_thumb.jpg

post-294988-14687845656411_thumb.jpg

post-294988-14687846009808_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Edited by fatgirlsvelte

My sister gave me a Misfit Shine for Christmas and I love it. Especially because I swim and it is great for tracking my swimming.

@@fatgirlsvelte - GREAT POST!!! I'm impressed!! You are an inspiration!! Thank you for sharing all of that information. It got me to thinking, now for some doing. Keep up the great work!!! I'll be watching for more information packed posts.

Good to know! I'm looking forward to it most definitely. The phone just isn't recording all of my activity, and I REALLY REALLY need it to sync with My Fitness Pal so that the counselor in the preop class can see what I'm up to!

My sister gave me a Misfit Shine for Christmas and I love it. Especially because I swim and it is great for tracking my swimming.

Thanks for the feedback Mrs. Sug-ah hopefully some of the idea lead to fruition. My neighbor was happy to take the Hansen's Soda off my hands in the clean out... no need to waste the precious stuff HA!

@@fatgirlsvelte - GREAT POST!!! I'm impressed!! You are an inspiration!! Thank you for sharing all of that information. It got me to thinking, now for some doing. Keep up the great work!!! I'll be watching for more information packed posts.

You're the best.

@@fatgirlsvelte, who told you? Maybe I'm feeling shaped like a choc'late chip muffin.

You made me laugh for which I'm grateful. I needed it.

I'm glad you're here.