Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HELP & ADVICE - SHOULD I DO THE REVISION?

Hello,

I was lap banded 4 years ago and I hate it. I went through so much suffering - throwing up when it was too tight, but gaining weight when too loose. I gave up on it.

I am wondering if anyone can advise me as to whether the sleeve might be effective. I'm so distraught with the band.

Thank you

There are tons of people who've had band to sleeve revisions who have been very successful. I'm sure if you did a search you could find many, many threads about it in this forum. It's pretty common, actually.

Hi I am on the same boat as you but finally made my decision and will be having my band taken out and doing the sleeve. Tired of being stuck. And scared to gain all the weight I've lost so that's why I made this decision. Going to get Sleeved on 7/26/16. Super exited and happy. Good luck on making a decision[emoji4]

I have had the band for 9 years and suffered with it as well... I revised to bypass (my personal choice) 2 months ago and even though I had complication, I love it. I ate chicken today and didn't have horrible "stuck" episode! It was amazing! I wish I have done his so many years ago!

Hello,

I was lap banded 4 years ago and I hate it. I went through so much suffering - throwing up when it was too tight, but gaining weight when too loose. I gave up on it.

I am wondering if anyone can advise me as to whether the sleeve might be effective. I'm so distraught with the band.

Thank you

Long time bander here. I didn't have a hard time with it and lost a significant amount of weight. I did PB a lot and my esophagus had issues off and on. I stalled at 100 lb weight loss and am now going to have the revision. I was told the sleeve will help me continue my journey till I hit goal weight with far less side effects. Hope this helps.

I had the lap band for 4 years and never had any problems with it until it stopped working for me and gain almost 30lbs back so I decided to get sleeved...I got sleeved June 23rd and so far I been doing great with no complications and hope to continue doing the same! My first post op appointment was 2 weeks after my surgery and lost 17lbs...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using the BariatricPal App

I have done it and am pleased so far - it's a hard time (I am 2 weeks post op) but I am happy and it's getting better every day!

Yes do it, I am the happiest now and wish I never had done the band... best thing I've ever done. If you have Facebook, you must join this awesome group, Bariatric Living & recipes.. everyone is so nice and helpful!

I had my revision done April 28 and it's the best thing I've ever done. I've lost 40 lbs so far (started at a lower bmi so have lost somewhat slowly). I love being able to eat normal food and not getting stuck. I'm able to focus on eating protein-rich food since you can only eat such small portions. My eating habits have changed completely.

Wish I did this procedure from the start.

Although I know the band has been successful for a lot of people, I think it's an evil, soul sucking device that should be banned (get it?). The band doesn't teach us to eat healthy. I could never eat salads, vegetables or meat. Instead we learn to eat the foods that are easiest to get down so we don't spend the night in the bathroom.

I haven't been sleeved yet, but I have no doubt it'll be 100 times more effective than the band.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Although I know the band has been successful for a lot of people, I think it's an evil, soul sucking device that should be banned (get it?). The band doesn't teach us to eat healthy. I could never eat salads, vegetables or meat. Instead we learn to eat the foods that are easiest to get down so we don't spend the night in the bathroom.

I haven't been sleeved yet, but I have no doubt it'll be 100 times more effective than the band.

I couldnt agree with you more. I had my band since 2007. I had my revision surgery removing the band and revising to sleeve on 7/26/16 and its the best decision ive ever made. It is amazing being able

To eat little yet anything healthy you want without worrying about it coming back up. Or being unable

To talk due to sliming...so so happy now. Totally worth it!!!!!

I was revised to sleeve on June 6 th they removed the band in the same surgery ! I can't even tell you how awesome this is ! I can eat grilled chicken haven't had that in 5 years ! The sleeve allows you to eat healthy food so sorry that I spent so much wasted time with that ! I am 10 weeks post op I have lost 30 lbs ,I started at 212 and hit 182 today wahoo ! You will love the difference no episodes of being stuck or vomiting and recovery was really a breeze! Best of luck to you it was the right choice for me !

I was revised to sleeve on June 6 th they removed the band in the same surgery ! I can't even tell you how awesome this is ! I can eat grilled chicken haven't had that in 5 years ! The sleeve allows you to eat healthy food so sorry that I spent so much wasted time with that ! I am 10 weeks post op I have lost 30 lbs ,I started at 212 and hit 182 today wahoo ! You will love the difference no episodes of being stuck or vomiting and recovery was really a breeze! Best of luck to you it was the right choice for me !

Omg so happy for u. Thats amazing. My weight is coming off slow but im good with that. Weighed 174 at time of my revision on july 26 and now am down to 164 (2 weeks).

I feel the exact same way!

Sent from my Z963VL using the BariatricPal App