Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How can I stop weight loss?!

I'm 11 weeks post op and only 2 kgs away from my goal weight at which I will be at a healthy BMI. I currently have no problem with eating and drinking. I get enough Protein from meat everyday so no Protein shakes for me (nasty stuff plus caused me to be nauseous and with tachycardia) I average around 1200-900 calories per day yet my weight loss hasn't slowed down or stopped.. How can I stop it now?!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Oh and since I'm posting this question in the Mini-Gastric bypass section it means I had a MGB

I transitioned from the weight loss phase into the maintenance phase quite naturally. The weight loss just tapered off at around 7 months. Your goal weight is just an artificial number. I think my surgeon and I agreed at a goal weight of 190 pounds. But in the end I dropped to near 140. So I wouldn't advise to try and stop it. Just let it run its course.

This is the approach that I used in the Maintenance phase. http://www.breadandbutterscience.com/Surgery2.pdf

I am 3 years post-op RNY gastric bypass. Mini-gastric bypass is a different type of surgery. But there are similarities between the two.

I seriously doubt you can at 11 weeks. Your body is going to keep losing until it wants to stop.

You can try increasing calories but with the amount of your intestine bypassed, you will likely keep losing for a whole longer.

@@mmy

What is your start, current and goal weight?

Edited by OutsideMatchInside

Wow goal weight at only 11 weeks

The idea of trying not to loose weight sounds crazy after 30 years of being overweight and perpetually dieting.

Seems simple...eat more calories

I would go as low as you can healthily go as most people experience some natural regain a couple to three years out.

I seriously doubt you can at 11 weeks. Your body is going to keep losing until it wants to stop.

You can try increasing calories but with the amount of your intestine bypassed, you will likely keep losing for a whole longer.

@@mmy

What is your start, current and goal weight?

Starting weight was 77kg. Current weight 60kg. Goal weight 58kg . My height is 153cm

I had a 1.8m loop (bypass)

@@mmy

If you get into a really unhealthy weight loss, your could try drinking those high calorie body builder Protein shakes. I don't think you can eat enough to slow your weight loss at this point.

What does your doctor say?

@@mmy

If you get into a really unhealthy weight loss, your could try drinking those high calorie body builder Protein shakes. I don't think you can eat enough to slow your weight loss at this point.

What does your doctor say?

Those shakes are packed with sugar .. Plus the 0 carb Protein Shakes didn't go well with me so I doubt that the high calorie ones will. I'm trying hard to increase my calories but it seems impossible currently.. I'm literally trying to stuff myself.. Maybe I should look into reversal as plan B

@@mmy

I'm surprised a Dr would do that serious of malabsorption on someone your weight. The sleeve would have been a better choice, slower weight lose you can control.

I don't think you can physically eat enough calories to stop or slow your weight loss.

I would consult your Dr though if you BMI dips below the healthy range.

@@mmy

I'm surprised a Dr would do that serious of malabsorption on someone your weight. The sleeve would have been a better choice, slower weight lose you can control.

I don't think you can physically eat enough calories to stop or slow your weight loss.

I would consult your Dr though if you BMI dips below the healthy range.

I'm actually thinking of suing him ! I went to him for a sleeve and have signed the papers for that. However he convinced me into MGB and told me information that wasn't right at all like there is no lifelong need for Multivitamins and weightloss is similar to sleeve but with an advantage of MGB being reversible where a sleeve is not. I have met with two other doctors after the MGB. Both said a reversal is difficult though theoretically it could be done

Edited by mmy

Do you have serious co-morbidities? Just asking because your starting BMI wasn't even 33.

Do you have serious co-morbidities? Just asking because your starting BMI wasn't even 33.

No. I only have Polysyctic ovaries which is not a co-morbidity. A little weight loss would've helped me a lot with my infertility. Most doctors agree that a gastric sleeve would've been a better option