Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So.. sex and extra skin...

So, I'm not sure who else to ask, I'm sexually active for the first time in four or so years. I'm down 168lbs. With that has come some fantastic loose skin on my arms, thighs, and "apron". The Issue I'm having is I have to "dig" past the extra skin when alone and help with my fella, he's a newish fella and we get along really well.

I'm not quite a year out and do plan on having a tuck next summer, but will it help?

I'm not sure how to talk about this issue because I don't know if the looseness there is now will tighten up. It feels like the skin on my lower half is all just hanging as low as gravity will let it including the parts covered in coarse hair. Has anyone else experienced frustrations with sex after weight loss and then had a tuck? Did things get better or am I just over thinking all of this?

My guy LOVES my extra skin. But i would love to have it off. I want to see what others say.

I've lost major weight before and that's one place the skin just doesn't seem to disappear. I've gained the weight back and now I got gastric bypass a few weeks ago. That skin does get in the way of things but I've always managed. I would think having a tuck just might solve that problem.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm down 92lbs I was lucky that most everything went back right were it was supposed to be. I exercised 5 days a week also. Only thing that no matter how much I did wouldn't go back was my stomach. So 2/2012 I had a Tummy Tuck I love it and my confidence went through the roof. But my husband hates it. Mostly because of the attention I now get from others. But I can say from my experience I fine sex is better after. I can relax and enjoy it more now that hat I don't feel self conscious about that apron

I think this depends on age and how much weight you lose. For me, I am now 53 and my skin is not bouncing back anywhere.

I jokingly say I look a bit like a sharpei puppy. LOL.

So, it's off to the plastic surgeon I go next Monday to put together a plan to deal with some of it. I am focused on my upper body initially because it bothers me the most. I have some loose skin on my legs but that is in much better shape than my arms stomach and boobs.

I do think it bother me more than anyone else because I have had people tell me that I look fantastic and they initially thought I already had plastic surgery.

As far as sex goes.....because of my poor back, my poor hubby is afraid to touch me. I have a plan for that.....as soon as I get done with plastics I am going to be very naughty so he cannot resist. LOL...

He is always reaching out and touching me so I know he is interested and I am definately interested.....we joke about it all the time but here I sit still frustrated. LOL.

@@SPettijo

I'm not done losing weight so I am flabby but my skin has fat in it still so it isn't so bad.

I don't think men care as much as we think. I mean some might, but in the end that isn't someone you want to be involved with.

If I am laying on my back, it isn't that noticeable.

The only thing that I am not comfortable with now is being on top, even though I used to always do it when I was really heavy. The reason I won't do it now is just because the skin moving around hurts. Can't really wear a compression garment to bed to hold it all in, for cowgirl time.

Maybe get some nice babydoll lingerie to wear to bed? Also, take some pictures of yourself laying on your back etc. It probably doesn't look as bad as you think it looks.

As far as the hair, shave or wax it if you want to. If both of those are too hard, I recommend http://www.bettybeauty.com/readybetty.php easy to use, not irritation and basically no smell. I find shaving a lot easier since I lost weight.

Edited by OutsideMatchInside

@@SPettijo - most guys who are over 40 and had a spouse go through child birth have figured out, gravity wins. Now that said, I want this extra skin off my thighs. I don't like the "whap whap" sound when I am having fun. Congrats on your success. If this is our biggist problem at the moment, we are doing much better than when we began this journey.

Oh yeah, I have the little apron that comes with weight loss! I was so self conscious, especially when I recently got into a serious relationship. I've known him almost all my life and when I saw things were headed to the bedroom I told him "you know everything isn't where it use to be, ha". He said "you're beautiful and I love you just the way you are". I love it when he has his arms around me and says, "you're just a little bitty thing". Really makes a girl feel good!

I am down 98lbs since my sleeve surgery in May 2016. I feel great and for the most part have a pretty secure feeling about everything...however, I am now going to need to purchase a few pieces of clothing. I use tights & stockings that I get from Woman Within but I need to find something besides Spanx for the loose skin thing.

My inner thighs are particularly loose. I work out 5 days a week and I know this is normal thing but how do I look good in all my clothes

with this skin flapping around?

@@Katnec826 Shapewear, the good stuff, firm control and spend some $$ on it. Shapewear has probably been my biggest expense so far.

4 hours ago, anewmeja said:

I think the question being asked if I'm not mistaken is what to do about loose vajay jay skin... I'm pretty sure if you get a full Tummy Tuck they pull that area tight again tooemoji12.png

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

They do :1311_thumbsup_tone2:

Yes they did that with my tt. When the dr " pulls up" the skin from below the waist, it helps a lot! Also a bit of Lipo in a few areas. A little scarring but no fold at all in my stomach area.... and tighter skin below.

I think this depends on age and how much weight you lose. For me, I am now 53 and my skin is not bouncing back anywhere.
I jokingly say I look a bit like a sharpei puppy. LOL.
So, it's off to the plastic surgeon I go next Monday to put together a plan to deal with some of it. I am focused on my upper body initially because it bothers me the most. I have some loose skin on my legs but that is in much better shape than my arms stomach and boobs.
I do think it bother me more than anyone else because I have had people tell me that I look fantastic and they initially thought I already had plastic surgery.
As far as sex goes.....because of my poor back, my poor hubby is afraid to touch me. I have a plan for that.....as soon as I get done with plastics I am going to be very naughty so he cannot resist. LOL...
He is always reaching out and touching me so I know he is interested and I am definately interested.....we joke about it all the time but here I sit still frustrated. LOL.

Hi! Did you have surgery for loose skin? How’s it going now?