Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Frozen Chef-Prepared Bariatric Meals

Has anybody tried this? Rxchefs.com? It's by the same group that does the Zone Diet and ChefsDiet.

Basically, they send you three premade, frozen meals designed for bariatric patients... around 900 kcal/day.

They are pretty expensive. Not sure about everyone else but I don't spend anywhere NEAR $20-$30/day on food. Even before I was banded I didn't spend that much.

<TABLE cellSpacing=6 cellPadding=0 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR class=txtBlkHL><TD>»(5) CAN I AFFORD THIS PROGRAM?</TD></TR><TR><TD>On average, people spend $20-$30 a day on food and aren’t guaranteed balanced nutrition, proper portions, quality control or convenience. For the same price, RxChefs™ provides all this and more!

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

But the food does sound pretty good.

I agree about the expensive part. The same company has another site called chefsdiet.com where they're offering a special of breakfast+dinner+2 Snacks or lunch+dinner+2 snacks for either 9.99 or 10.99/day.... although you have to pay a $50 shipping charge every two weeks.

I agree about the expensive part. The same company has another site called chefsdiet.com where they're offering a special of breakfast+dinner+2 Snacks or lunch+dinner+2 Snacks for either 9.99 or 10.99/day.... although you have to pay a $50 shipping charge every two weeks.

It's really too bad that someone can't do this at a more affordable price. It's a good idea, a service that could get more use if it was more affordable, and it could really benefit a lot of people. But even at $10/day plus shipping that is about $400/month for groceries for just one person. I don't spend a quarter of that on groceries. Can you imagine a banded couple? $800/month? Kinda takes away from the concept of saving money on groceries after banding. :mad:

OMG! $600 a month! They're out of their minds! I only spend about half that for TWO people, and my hubby eats like a horse!

I don't think so.

Maybe they think that everybody spends $40/day like Rachel Ray? ;)

We spend about $100-$125/week for a family of five (although the youngest isn't eating anything yet.) If I was to do something like this, it would almost double my weekly food budget, because I'd still have to cook the normal meals for my family.

OK...so if this isn't the solution, when are they going to invent the Jetsons food-a-rac-a-cycle?

That's outrageously expensive! But I think if you're doing home delivered, one prescribed for bariatric patients is a good idea - we've been doing Lite n Easy which is an Australian calorie controlled diet, and I cannot get through the food. Its become apparent to me that a) I've been eating around the band a bit and ;) if you want to have any hope of getting in enough calories you have to eat around the band to a degree, lol. I try to eat "difficult" foods to make the band work well but if I only eat difficult foods, I simply cannot eat enough. Soup and a few bites of a piece of toast works way better for me than 2 pieces of toast - more varied nutrients, less carbs etc.