Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What do you all mix your Protein powder with? I'm slightly lactose intolerant so I mixed my Cookies and cream Quest powder with vanilla almond milk and it was pretty good, but very thick. Any ideas? What does it with Water taste like?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Isopure unflavored in plain Water wasn't bad. I prefer it in broth.

I mix my Quest vanilla Protein powder with flatten diet soda. It thins it out and gives it a "smoothie" taste.

I also add a few pieces of frozen tropical fruit and three ice cubes.

Yum! :)

I mix my Quest and Syntrax matrix ones with water! I find them too thick when I use milk usually. Early out I used lactose free milk or fair life or Lucerne Protein plus milk which are ultra filtered they have a fraction of the lactose. Those helped me get more Protein in than with plain Water because I have lactose issues as well.

Just be careful of almond and coconut milks because most of them are sweetened! Make sure and pick one that isn't.

I use milk for flavors like chocolate, vanilla, banana, cake batter and strawberry. I couldn't do lactose for the first 4 months so I used lactaid. I use Water for the Syntrax Nectars like grape, Apple, lemonade, cherry, peach, etc.

I use twice as much liquid as the instructions call for. This cuts down the thickness and the sweetness.

My go-to (because I cannot stand the taste of any flavored regular whey or Protein powder) is mixing GENEPRO (unflavored) with vanilla almond milk and sugar-free chocolate Syrup. I use a Blender Bottle to mix it, and it's never thick. I use about 6 to 8oz of the almond milk, a squeeze of the chocolate, a serving of Genepro, and then shake, shake, shake!

I use vanilla unsweetened cashew milk. If your "milk" is too thick, try using 50/50 milk (of whatever sort) and ice Water.< /p>

My grocery store carries a lactose free skim milk, that's what I use :)

It also has 12g Protein per cup, so helps with my Protein goals too!

Edited by spstarla69

What do you all mix your Protein powder with? I'm slightly lactose intolerant so I mixed my Cookies and cream Quest powder with vanilla almond milk and it was pretty good, but very thick. Any ideas? What does it with Water taste like?

I mix mine with Water.< /p>

I just mix mine with Water most days.

Hello everyone! I'm a long time lurker, first time posting. I was sleeved June 24th. I'm at the full liquids stage. (2 weeks post op) I've been trying to get creative with my Protein Shakes. I would like to add just a little bit of spinach and berries to them, blended very well of course, but I want to make sure it's safe for my sleeve. Anyone else doing this? Or should I just hold out till the puréed diet?

@@lisakreature I was not allowed that on full liquids. In fact, I wasn't even allowed it on purees because my instructions then were high Protein foods only. But my team is very conservative in what they allow -- you may want to check in with your team to see what they allow, if it is not mentioned in your post-op eating plan.

I always use Water. Milk is for baby cows not humans. :lol:

@@lisakreature

Wait until purees, don't move yourself forward stages but also the sugar in the berries might make you sick.

I wasn't allowed raw veggies until after 6 weeks.

What does your program say?

Edited by OutsideMatchInside

coffee and ice, PB2 if i am feeling frisky. I blend in nutirbullet and its a frappacino every morning... :D