Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Keeping it together..well trying

My year has been full of craziness and it's only July(almost) ~sorry this is long~

This crazy/horrible/satisfying/sad/happy/scary year started on a cold dark Morning in December

One of our trucks was involved in a fatal accident. The accident wasn't our drivers fault but the loss of a life really took its toll on my family. My dad (the owner of the business) took it really hard. It's something that we will always have to live with and never get over.

I had my surgery in January.. Learning a new way of living,eating and all of those crazy emotions.

My uncle had a major heart attack, we almost lost him. Thankfully he's fully recovered. His health caused him to fully retire putting a further strain on my dad (he worked for him in our family business)

My dad got really sick, spent a week in the hospital. He needed the rest but he's never fully recovered. He Has trouble breathing.

Our employees do not want to do their job, again causing my dad to do more work cleaning up their mess.

All of this has really caused him to age so fast. I'm worried that if things don't change it will get worse. So because of this he's decided to sell the business. He started it when I was 3..40 years he's been his own boss, doing things his own way.

I've worked for him for 18 of those years, raising my kids doing this job. It allowed me to keep them with me all the time. Now they are 18/20 and don't need mom as much.

As I sit here tonight on the Eve of everything changing, I'm not sure how to handle it. After tomorrow I'll be jobless for the first time in my adult life. As well as my husband since he works for my dad too.

While I'm scared of the unknown..I'm excited to do something different.

Oh dear if you've made it to the end of my rambling, thank you. I'm just so tired and find it so hard to keep my head on straight

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Edited by cindyw41

I just realized I posted this in the wrong forum...see...head not straight

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Just breathe, my friend. Just breathe.

Take care of yourself, your children and your husband. Hold them close and tell them that you love them everyday.

All will work out. You know it. You just need to remind yourself of it now, more than ever.

You have each other. Everything else will fall into place.

I promise.

I'm sorry to hear such terrible things that has happened to your family so far this year, but hold faith that God will help u through this.

Shantell500

I feel your pain. Going through it to at the moment myself. Rest on your faith and the strength of your husband. Do your damnest to encourage one another and not to fall into despair. (I learned that one the hard way). You made some positive changes this year, you can make some more.

Hugs to you!

I always say when one door closes another one opens. I hope that is how it works for you. You have had a lot going on this last year and it will be important to take care of you while going through it.

Honestly it may be the thing your Dad needs to stay healthy. The stress of his business has clearly had a role in his health. I know from personal experience how much being a boss can literally suck the life out of you. He may have held on to the business because his children were so tied to it as well.

There are plenty of jobs out there for those willing to work. I pray that you all land on your feet. Spend time taking care of yourself though so you stay healthy as your new life begins.

Wishing you all the best.....hugs again!

You sound very strong. My year has been much like yours. I have learned to put my faith in God or whatever higher power you believe in.

I have given up control and my life has become so uncomplicated.

I had surgery on September 11, 2016 to repair a ventral hernia. It was supposed to be 2 1/2 hours long. 8 1/2 hrs later after I passed on the table and was brought back. I was told by the surgeon, she also had to revise my gastric bypass.

One month after surgery my husband and I became homeless. We have been staying with friends since.

I have learned to be grateful for all that I have. Every morning I am so grateful to be alive. You too will get through this. If you need someone to talk to you can message me.

Sent from my LGLS675 using the BariatricPal App

Thank you everyone. Friday was difficult and while there are a few loose ends to deal with, the business is closed. I'm hoping my dad can relax.. He may not know how to right now but soon he'll learn.

I don't know what I want to do. The possibilities are endless but the direction I'll leave up to God. The new company did offer my husband a job and so far it looks very promising. Thankful for that ;)

Sometimes when those doors close, the best thing we can do is not bang on them wondering why they've slammed shut! Walk on down the hallway to the next door. Focus on the opportunities instead of what's been left behind. (And I think you posted this EXACTLY where you need to post it!) ;-)

Sent from my LG-V410 using the BariatricPal App