Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starving all the time. Six months out. Get most of my Protein most of my Water. Anyone else have this problem?

If you are six months out why aren't you getting all of your Protein and all of your Water?

Are you avoiding starches, added sugars (especially high fructose corn syrup), and fried foods?

Are you eating healthy carbs?

Are you eating healthy fats?

Are you taking your Vitamins and supplements as directed?

Are you exercising?

Are you practicing mindful eating: eating slowly, taking small bites, and chewing thoroughly?

Have you talked to your NUT and/or a therapist?

Without more information it is really hard to help you.

You might actually be hungry.

You might be thirsty.

You might be bored.

Who knows?

If I was bored my stomach wouldn't be growling. I'm doing everything I should. The Water I physically cannot drink all of it and same with Protein. I get about 70-80 grams and can't tolerate any more. Definitely not thirsty. Just the opposite have to make myself drink constantly.

Some people experience acid as hunger, are you on anything for acid?

I'm over 2.5 years out and my stomach rumbles and growls constantly these days totally unrelated to hunger. Has ever since surgery.

At six months out if you are still unable to fit in all your Protein and Water I would worry about a possible structure and talk to my surgeon.

If I was bored my stomach wouldn't be growling. I'm doing everything I should. The Water I physically cannot drink all of it and same with Protein. I get about 70-80 grams and can't tolerate any more. Definitely not thirsty. Just the opposite have to make myself drink constantly.

You will need to increase your protein and water intake. Focus on eating protein and produce - no Pasta, bread, rice, sweets. I was told to eat 5-6 small meals a day - every 3 hours. You also need at least 64ozs of water. I'm sure you are truly hungry.

You have got to get in your fluids and Protein.< /p>

Have you tried different temperatures, different infusions (herbs, crystal light, tea, etc.), for your fluids?

My stomach made seriously loud noises constantly for almost 18 months. It sounded like growling sometimes, other times it sounded like a choo choo coming down the tracks and others like a swarm of bees coming up my throat. It was embarrassing.

Are you weak? Dizzy? Nauseated? Head achy?

It took me a long time to figure out what real actual hunger felt like. Not saying your's isn't, but it was a lightbulb moment for me.

Are u eating enough? As we move away fro. Surg, we are supposed to increase both capacity and calories.

Sent from my SM-G900V using the BariatricPal App

A friend of mine had this problem and she found out that excess acid in the stomach causes hunger. She started on Prilosec and the hunger disappeared. Just a thought.

When I experience and need to eat much more than I normally have since surgery, it is always because I am lacking nutrients. And/or my calories are too low. I find that if I eat fruit and nuts for a couple of days, a green smoothie or two, my appetite decreases dramatically.

I have experienced on and off hunger since my surgery. I finally realized it happens because I was waiting too long between eating, so I was hungry. Make sure you develop a routine, set times to eat. Bring food with you so you can always have it at the designated time. I bring small tupperware containers of meats wherever I go. If you;re curious, here's my eating schedule:

7:00- eat 1/2 my Breakfast

10am- eat leftover Breakfast

12:30pm- lunch

3:30pm- Protein based snack

7:00pm- dinner

Also, when I have the hunger pangs, I try to concentrate on drinking 16 ounces of Water (not all at once.)

I'm also pretty sure that my brain has not caught up with my stomach, and the hunger is an instant reaction to boredom, stress, etc.