Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Officially sleeved!

Hey guys! So I had my surgery on Tuesday 6/28 and it went amazing. My doctor said my liver looked great from where I followed my pre op diet so well. Here's just a few things I wanted to share..

I was in a lot of pain when I woke up. Morphine wasn't even making a dent in my pain level.

The first night in the hospital is by far the worst. I had severe nausea and I threw up a couple times. I walked so much in the hospital that my gas pains where at a minimal. So that was a good thing.

I was up probably every hour and it was super hard to get comfortable.

The next morning I went for my leak test and it showed that everything looked great which I was so happy about!

I stayed in the hospital a few hours that next day until my nausea was controlled. I was on a phergan IV pump. I even threw up my pain medicine. It felt like I had some mucus in my chest and they wanted me to try to cough and take deep breaths as much as possible.

I'm two days post op and last night was soooo much better! I was able to sleep 4-5 hours at a time without pain or nausea. The soreness is already going away and I can get up by myself now.

No matter how much pain I was in the first night, I still never regretted my decision. I promise it gets better and better everyday.

Praying for everyone to have a speedy recovery!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Congratulations on your surgery and to the beginning of a new you!

I'm not sure where you have been, or the limitations you have put on yourself, but it is time to start doing a little dreaming. The next few weeks are just going to suck a little. It's a transition time so that should be expected. But after week three things are going to get wild. Enjoy the ride. Your world is about ready to change in a good way, be prepared for it.

I was sleeved on the 27th. A lot of nausea too they sent me home with a script for it. My incisions don't hurt but my left shoulder and neck do. Makes breathing difficult at times. I feel pretty good overall. Surgery sure makes little differences in your body come to life like did that part hurt before or is that normal? Funny actually! Don't overdo it! Congrats

I totally understand!! I'm still having random gas pains but no pain from anything else. Some days I can go without a nap and some days I need one. Trying to take it slow. Congrats to you as well!!

Hey! We had the same surgery day :) I've been getting better and better at sipping each day, which is exciting, but I am also getting more and more depressed each day/missing food more each day. Powering through it and I know it's mostly downhill from here but it is so much harder than I expected. I'm working on not sweating the little stuff but also patting myself on the back for making it this far. Each day is an accomplishment! Glad to here things are going well for you!

Yes I feel the same way! Some days I thought I was going to starve to death but I realized it was just a mental thing. I moved to full liquids today for the next week and I am so glad! Going through this process, you want to eat like everything you see but you can't! It's slowly getting better. Good luck to you!!

I was sleeved on Thursday the 30th and was the first patient of the day. My pain was there when I woke up but quickly under control. I had the pump in hand and I used it all day and slept until the pain rolled in. I slept pretty good. I got up and walked and the gas was in my shoulder. I had a hernia repair too and they told me that was why I had that pain. It was more gas. Late on day 2 I passed my first gas. It was heavenly. The last day I was on Tylenol and another pain med for the road home. I got a script for if I needed it. But truthfully I've been doing fine. I didn't have any issues. I can drink down a half glass of Water in 30 min. With a couple of burps and my shakes slide Down smooth. I can tell when I'm full cuz my friend the pain twinges in my neck/shoulder and I feel tension in my upper chest. Today is my 6th day and I went to Cosco and cooked dinner and I feel fine without any meds.

I did the pre-op diet and as of today I'm down 17 lbs. I started it on the 23rd.

I was sleeved the same day!!!! I had no pain, but was very nauseous on the morphine took me most of the night for them to regulate the nausea. Once I was off the morphine I was good. Discharged on Friday with still minimal pain, just had 0 energy. Able to get 32 oz of Fluid down and haven't touched a pain med. I'm starting to think maybe they didn't do the procedure....

Sent from my SM-G920T using the BariatricPal App

If I didn't know I need to drink fluids, I probably wouldn't. I'm not hungry, thirty or feel full when I drink. I anticipate that should occur when I start pureed foods.

Sent from my SM-G920T using the BariatricPal App

I took pain meds only for the first couple days. My worst thing was nausea/vomiting. It was terrible. I still have super bad gas pains but they are getting less and less everyday. They are mainly super bad when I lay down at night. I can drink a decent amount of Water in a short amount of time without any problems. I'm one week post op and 25 pounds down! I lost about 12 pounds during my pre op diet which definitely helped me get ready for my liquid phase after surgery. I'm excited for the months to come!