Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am so glad you posted this! While I am considerably older (48), I have similar stats to you (5'10" / HW 336 / CW 170). I just booked my LBL and arm lift yesterday for October 13 but all I can think of is feeling guilty for taking risks on an elective surgery not to mention putting others out to help take care of me and to take time off work. (I am hopefully about to start a new job and though I have told them I needed to be out on medical leave for a few weeks when I first interviewed, they are acting now like it is a real inconvenience.). Anyway.... it was good to see your post and realize it is perfectly OK for me (and you!) To get this surgery. The skin IS uncomfortable and I do not want to continue to live in it if I do not have to! Best of luck on your journey!!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using the BariatricPal App

I had the same mind set! I'm a single mom. And it's a ton of money. But I feel like it will absolutely be worth it. :) I'm timing mine for the week he'll be with his dad for the holidays so he doesn't have to see me miserable. And so I'm not trying to recover during his football season. :) good luck!!!!!

Um you're single because of douchebags like him. Yea, he was most definitely not a prize! Congrats on your weight loss and here's to moving onward with the final phase!! I started at a the same weight and am looking forward to getting where you are at!!! Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Ha. I would rather be single than with a man like that. :) of the many lessons I've learned the last couple of years not settling has definitely been a big one! :)

'significant others' will often go for the soft spot when in the midst of an argument, or breaking up...or just wanting to lash out. Just know that if something else about yourself was an issue, he would have gone for that as well. If I was your age, I'd have done plastics as well. I opted not to because the skin sag is not horrible in that it doesn't interfere with my normal activities plus I've had children and I'm nearly 58 years old. Oh..and one more thing. Men my age I have found, are just so happy to be getting 'some' that they couldn't care less about some sags and scars. Besides..they have also passed their 'sell by' date as well. :D

Good luck! Send us post plastic pics so we can see how great the results turned out.

I def plan to keep this updated. :) it's still a ways away!!!!! But I'm excited to have the extra time to tone and wrap my head around the emotional flood gates that I'm sure are going to open up when I finally look down and have a flat tummy!

On an awesome note, I experienced my first spin class today....I've always been terrified but went w coworkers. I was shocked that I kept up!!!! It felt amazing. And I'll be going again on Sunday. :)

I like to think of myself as a pretty grounded guy, not actually vain about my appearance; however more and more lately I have found myself identifying with the people that have had skin removal. I have worked really hard and I believe I have some pretty good muscle development, but I can't see a lot of it because of the excess skin. On top of that, I am getting ingrown hairs, rashes, and these strange... hickey type marks. I don't know how to describe them, but when the skin gets folded while I am sleeping I wake up with long red lines all over me torso.

I hope your procedure goes smoothly and I can't wait to see the results as I am truly curious.

I have the same skin issues. Compression tops help but as soon as I peal them off after a workout......my skin is beyond irritated! it's miserable. I wouldn't consider myself vein either. I have fairly defined muscles. My hip bones and rib cage pertrude. But then there's still SKIN. It's hard to explain it to people who aren't also dealing with it.

I'm counting down for sure. And can't wait. :)

OK, so I turned 63yrs last Valentine's Day and am having skin surgery . Old bitty, right? ;)

I've already had my initial consultation and have been approved by my insurance company.

My bariatric surgeon, plastic surgeon AND orthopod all sent in statements stating that, in their opinion I need to have my excess skin removed to help stabilize my spine which has been reconstructed .

AND as long as "plastics" is down in the area, I'm having my lady bits made "pirdy" and my thighs lifted off of my ankles--- :). the insurance approved all of it.

I don't think that age should be a deciding factor. If one needs the surgery to improve their ADL---activities of daily living, then the surgery should be done.

I truly believe that in the future skin surgery will be a routine follow up procedure for WLS and will be paid for by the same insurance company automatically. It only makes sense.

To the OP:

It's really too bad that you are no long associating with that "nice man" who had such positive advice for you. Why? Because if you were you could serve him "back fat" and eggs for Breakfast after your surgery. No hinting about where the "back fat" came from. ;)

And always remember:

I still have a flashlight and a shovel! ;)

Good for you ... Taking care of ourselves can be a vexing issue. Then add controversy and it becomes harder to decide. Financial matters often make decisions harder. I'm guessing you will look and feel so much better.[emoji512] great birthday present.! I happened to give myself a TT for my 60th. Yeah , it felt a bit vain, but I adore the results.

Haha @"Valentina"

I don't think im missing out on much with that one. :) I don't have time for that crap. Onward and upward.

Haha @"Valentina"

I don't think im missing out on much with that one. :) I don't have time for that crap. Onward and upward.

;) what are friends --- ;)

What a great birthday present! Our stats are very similar. I'm 38, 5'11 and present weight is 265(pre surgery), my HW was 286. Just curious, what is your GW? Keep up the good work. I'm looking forward to surgery (sleeve).

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Valentine and Julie I think that's great that you had or are having skin surgery. I'm in UK and skin surgery here would cost a bomb which is probably another reason I won't go down that road. Having been self pay for my sleeve op the coffers are a bit empty at the moment !

I've chosen a plastic surgeon and will be moving forward with skin surgery in December! A flor de lis Tummy Tuck and breast implants will be my 30th bday present to myself!

Congratulations!

On top of that, I am getting ingrown hairs, rashes, and these strange... hickey type marks. I don't know how to describe them, but when the skin gets folded while I am sleeping I wake up with long red lines all over me torso.

Old spice high endurance on the skin folds. Try it!

@@treblecutie23I am right there with you on the skin front. I never thought it would bother me as much as it actually does. It hurts and can be a nasty place for body odor.

Ditto on the deodorant comment above.

AND as long as "plastics" is down in the area, I'm having my lady bits made "pirdy" and my thighs lifted off of my ankles--- :). the insurance approved all of it.

And always remember:

I still have a flashlight and a shovel! ;)

LOL @ "pirdy" lady bits!

Also... A friend helps you move, a REAL friend helps you move bodies. I have a truck and a tarp to go.with your shovel and flash light.