Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I found out I was denied 3 days before starting my preop liquid diet! If anyone has any encouraging words I could use them. I have filed my appeal prayers needed !

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I am so sorry - I hope this resolves quickly. Don't give up. Maybe there was a requirement that was missed or something and that will fix this. Fingers crossed!

I found out I was denied 3 days before starting my preop liquid diet! If anyone has any encouraging words I could use them. I have filed my appeal prayers needed !

What was the reason denied? Can the surgeon do a peer to peer review to see if it gets overturned?

Not enough comorbities I'm not diabetic with heart disease. Peer review done over the phone did not over turn decision .

hang in there

Edited by trekker954

Not enough comorbities I'm not diabetic with heart disease. Peer review done over the phone did not over turn decision .

What is your BMI? Do you have asthma, PCOS, sleep apnea, high cholesterol??? Look at the Obesity Action Coalition website for some help on appealing.

I'm so sorry! :( This was my worst nightmare, as well....being denied. Definitely appeal and look for co-morbidities that you may have that you were unaware of. I will say a big prayer for you.

What is your insurance company's official, printed policy on WLS?

I'm from Oklahoma and you pay cash her no insurance will pay period. However my friend she went to Tijuana and had the sleeve done for 4,000.00 They did an awesome job on her and she lost almost 200 pounds. She's feeling good now.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using the BariatricPal App

I am in the same boat. I was denied mid-liver shrink diet a week before my revision surgery date this past Tuesday. I hired Lindstrom Obesity Advocacy group after doing lots of research on them. They have a great track record of getting denials overturned. They started working today on my case and have been updating me throughout the day. So I am hopeful. Maybe they could help you too.

Mine was denied too and in the end, I paid out of pocket. I paid $21K in the end and in retrospect, I would have paid $100K. I spent everything I had and I was reborn again from doing so. I hope the appeal goes through but if not, how much is LIFE worth to you???