Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I has surgery on Monday, it's Wednesday at 2:30am and they came to take vitals so I'm awake. I also just got more pain meds. I unexpectedly needed a drain which will come out tomorrow. Does it hurt?? That's the biggest pain and anxiety at this point. When does the pain go away? I'm supposed to be going home today and I have no clue how that will happen at my current pain level and needing help to get in and out of bed.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

For me getting the drain removed did not hurt, it just felt weird, like I could feel something moving inside where it shouldn't be.

It only takes a couple of seconds though, so regardless of what it feels like, it will be over quickly. I felt much better in terms of moving around once the drain was out.

Oh good! I just want it out already

I don't know about the drain however I can tell you that I was in horrible pain and my doctor wouldn't release me until my pain was under control. Take it slow getting in and out of bed, I know that's a killer. :-( My surgery was June 20 and although I still have some pain it's Nothing like it was when I was in the hospital. Hang in there. It does get better I promise. ~Aimée

I was in very bad pain in the hospital.... Regardless my doctor made me go home.... However, when I got home something changed and I felt better just being there.. Just make sure you take your pain meds and rest rest rest! I'm 2 weeks post op today and pain is better..

Sent from my VS986 using the BariatricPal App

My surgery was 27th also. Got out of bed with no issues and I was off the morphine pump 6am next day. No drain for me. I don't feel amazing today but I am making it. I am taking ketorolac 10 mg for pain along with Tylenol 3.

Sent from my LGLS770 using the BariatricPal App

One more thing for pain management -- stay out of bed unless you absolutely must sleep! There should be an easy chair or a glider or something in your hospital room. Park yourself there instead. Much easier to get up and down, plus the more upright you are, and the more you move, the faster you will heal and also get rid of that surgical gas.

Just got home from the clinic. Pain is tolerable. for some reason I ended up with a few huge blisters (the size of a band-aid) on one arm and on my stomach. Dr. think i Must be allergic to one of the adhesive in the bandages. I wish I could just let one loud burb out that is the only discomfort I have so far. Oh and I'm starting to feel my incisions sting.

But hang in there.. getting up and out of bed still the worst.

I has surgery on Monday, it's Wednesday at 2:30am and they came to take vitals so I'm awake. I also just got more pain meds. I unexpectedly needed a drain which will come out tomorrow. Does it hurt?? That's the biggest pain and anxiety at this point. When does the pain go away? I'm supposed to be going home today and I have no clue how that will happen at my current pain level and needing help to get in and out of bed.

My surgery was on the 8th. It took over 2 1/2 hours. My pain was so horrible it was unreal. They kept me until I was able to get around with minimal pain. I did sleep in recliner for 2 weeks when I got home and now I can finally lay in my bed. It feels like its never going to end however hunni it does. I will keep you in my prayers. God Bless you and may you heal fast in the new of Jesus.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using the BariatricPal App

I'm on dilaudid, pretty great. I don't have a recliner at home.

My surgery isn't until the 25th but I have had drains several times before and they usually will have you take a deep breath and let it out slowly as they remove the drain tube, depending on who takes it out, some do not. In my experience this is always the way to go, it helps relax you. It's usually not painful just feels really awkward but it only takes a few seconds and it's over. Good luck and best wishes, speedy recovery!

Edited by MightyMittenMimi

I'm on dilaudid, pretty great. I don't have a recliner at home.

Charley do u you know anyone who would allow you to borrow one? Or where are you from hun?

My couches have recliners but they're low so idk of I'll be able to get our haha. I'm in Chicago suburbs. My last name is Ford too :)

Ok this can't be just a quirk. Does your family live by you? Is there some kind of organization around that can help you? Ask the counselor in the hospital. Are you Native American? I know this is a lot of questions however I'm just trying g to help u hunni.