Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help find good restaurants that are not fast food

Chic fil a is my go to place now.

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

I like Carrabbas. They have small plates and tasty grilled chicken options. Be careful they have lots of stuff you don't want like Pasta. Last time i got take out. I ordered kids grilled chicken with vegetable of the day for $6! I stilled couldn't finish it and it tastes the same as their adult version.

I am 7 months out and started eating chicken the minute I was cleared for it. I think that was six weeks. It only bothers me if it is greasy or too spicy. My sleeve loves meat! Hamburger, fish, pork, chicken all go down fine if they are lean.

I do restaurants on a regular basis... That aspect of my lifestyle has not changed. What I order has changed. Actually it hasn't changed ... Same things but I focus on Protein and skip processed carbs. Here is what I like at real restaurants. Fajitas (skip the tortilla), hamburgers (like once a month) skip the bun, Maryland crab cake (local crab only), tuna steak sandwich skip the bun. I avoid things that are hard to remove the bread/pasta like wraps or meat with Pasta. I always skip the bread pasta or rice. I ask for the vegetable of the day instead of fries. Also avoid large Entrees because I can't eat 2 sides anymore.... Easier to skip the bun and the portion means less waste. I also will order from the kids menu or get an appetizer instead of a meal. Finally there no shame in taking home leftovers. If I am at a fancy restaurant and really want an entree that cost $30 I get it!

Oh ok I'm on my last week of soft food. I eat about 3 table spoons of meat like season ground meat, tuna, chicken in can. 1 table spoons of cauliflower mashed. I still have problem going down my throat. Without Water. Having to wait. 30 minutes till I'm able to drink anything. Will it always be like that?

Sent from my LG-H631 using the BariatricPal App

No it will improve quickly. You will be there soon be patient. My first restaurant meal was a cup of black Beans from Chilis. I could only eat about a 1/3 of it! Hydrate before your meals. At 7 months out a couple sips to wash down my food doesn't hurt anything. Remember I said sips not guzzle! Good luck!

During the soft foods Soup was my friend. Also soft fish like talapia.

I go to fast food and restaurants when i want. I get chicken nuggets nuggets at fast food places or a small hamburger without the top bun. At restaurants I get an appetizer or some chicken and I just eat a little and bring the rest home. I have been out with people who don't know I had surgery and nobody has evee mentiones anything about what or how little I was eating

What do they serve that we can eat now?

Try the grilled chicken nuggets and chew chew chew them up. later you can try the super side. i love it. i get those 2 things at least 2 times a week.

I'm going into stage three from the booklet I'm passing this the soft food going into solid foods

Personally, I love local (non-chain) restaurants. What exactly are you looking for?