Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi All!

I just had my pre-op appointment with my surgeon and I got a date!! August 2, 2016!!

I'm sooo excited! I'm wondering if there are any others having bypass on or around this date?! I need friends!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hi All!

I just had my pre-op appointment with my surgeon and I got a date!! August 2, 2016!!

I'm sooo excited! I'm wondering if there are any others having bypass on or around this date?! I need friends!! :)

Hello!! I got my date of Aug. 2 for bypass as well!!! We'll have to be surgery buddies....it will help us both through this crazy process! Congrats on your date, it will be here before you know it.

Sent from my K010 using the BariatricPal App

I had my RNY in August of last year, so if you ever want someone who is a year ahead of you to give you pointers/advice/commiseration, feel free to message me. Good luck! :)

Edited by Cervidae

@@Cervidae I am going to have RNY in the next month or so and would LOVE to have a successful woman like you as a mentor! Just waiting on insurance approval to set the date and ready to start the next phase of this journey.

@@Pink Ninja

So jealous of your date confirmation. Congratulations!!!!!

Still waiting and hopeful for insurance approval in time to have surgery in July or early August. I will join the celebration fervently when I know more.

@@inspyrdbyu - ABSOLUTELY we should def keep in touch! So excited to find a surgery buddy!

@ Cervidae- I would love your advice! How are you doing at almost a year post op?

@ Shrinkinqtpi- it'll be here before you know it! Being patient is the hardest but it'll come, then the nerves and excitement hit! Keep me updated on your date :)

Edited by Pink Ninja

Congrats! Your date is coming up quick! I go 7/21 for my pre-op testing and will receive my surgery date after that. They told me it will likely be in August...I can't wait!

I just posted my introduction in the general discussion area, but I just received my date today - August 8th! I guess I'm with y'all!

@@Pink Ninja I'm 10 months and 11 days post op. I've lost 163 pounds since surgery and 218 pounds since I started this journey. My weight loss has slowed wayyyyyyy down, mostly because I've been laid up recovering from knee surgery for two months, so that's a bit of a bummer. However, even though I'm still 224 pounds and about 50 pounds away from my goal, I'm happy to be here. My life has changed drastically in the last year and a half, and I have changed drastically as well. I used to wear a 4x top and size 32 jeans (which were sometimes snug!) and now I wear a large or 1x top and size 18 jeans. By all accounts, I'm still "fat". But I feel amazing, I look VERY different, and many things in my life have improved. I'm going back to school to finish my degree in August, and I don't fear walking up to the building from the parking lot or climbing two flights of stairs anymore. I just got a tattoo to Celebrate all of my effort and change. I'm excited to see wonderful things happening for you too! And everyone on this forum!

http://i.imgur.com/aRzKKlq.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/iIHyMOG.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/fWK2zPV.jpg

Edited by Cervidae

@ Cervidae I'm not exactly sure how to respond to just your post but...

WOW!!!!!! You look amazing!!!

Congratulations!! And your tattoo is awesome by the way!

I plan on doing the same when I have my year surgiversary! Hopefully I'll do as well as you're doing! Thank you for responding, I look forward to reading your progress! :)

Congratulations!!! Mines is August 3

Hi All!

I go July 20 for pre op and surgery is August 3

Congrats! Your date is coming up quick! I go 7/21 for my pre-op testing and will receive my surgery date after that. They told me it will likely be in August...I can't wait!

How long until you guys submitted stuff til you got insurance approval? My last appt is next Friday!! So I'm trying to estimate time it will take to get approval & surgery date....

Mine was submitted on June 23 and approved on June 24, the very next day. But, I didn't find out until today when I called the insurance myself because they hadn't sent the notification to the surgeon yet. But, I think 7-10 days is average from the other posts I have read.