Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When did you guys start to see the number on the scale go down? During the liquid diet (post), After starting puréed, or after you were back to eating normal foods, just less????

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@@Seagull - Yes. Lost a bunch pre-op (you quit drinking alcohol and work to shrink your liver, good things will happen). I actually gained 10 at the hospital thanks to all the IV Fluid they pumped in me. But after 10 days of healing, everything started "moving" inside again, the weight really came off fast.

I weighed the same on day 11 as surgery day. Didn't weigh again until 6 weeks out, just starting soft foods and I was down 17 pounds. Your journey will be a lot less stressful if you don't worry about the scale for the first couple months.

@@Seagull - Yes. Lost a bunch pre-op (you quit drinking alcohol and work to shrink your liver, good things will happen). I actually gained 10 at the hospital thanks to all the IV Fluid they pumped in me. But after 10 days of healing, everything started "moving" inside again, the weight really came off fast.

I lost about 15 preop diet (and I cheated 3x cause I have no self control) and then between 10 and 14 since this last Monday. I'm now 6 days out, starving, I think and all I have is this incision pain right now. Hopefully all the walking I'm doing get things movin soon!

I lost 14lbs on the 2 week pre-op.

That's when my losing really started. I only lost 5 lbs in the 6 months prior.

Then in the almost 6 months since I've lost at a steady pace with some stalls.

Edited by cindyw41

I lost about 7 pounds preop and had the surgery this past Tuesday. I am trying not to get on the scale because it changes a lot throughout the day. I haven't had too many calories so I know the pounds will drop eventually.

I lost 16 lbs. In the preop diet. Came home and weighed on day 3 and was up .8 lbs. Day 4 was down 2.2 lbs. from surgery day. Buuuuuut, I have had liquid bowel movements (I know, gross) since day 2, several times a day, as I did through the preop diet. So the Fluid from surgery is moving out quickly, so I'm lucky???

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App

I'm not saying I'm trying to rush anything, i was curious if the body switches to fat burning mode at a specific point, that's all

Day #8, 330AM beginning to lose a lot of weight suddenly, as I've been glued to the toilet

Edited by Seagull

Day #8, 330AM beginning to lose a lot of weight suddenly, as I've been glued to the toilet

I am little upset don't know if it's normal or not but I gained 8 pounds of Water in hospital and I have lost it now but the scale is not moving it's disappointing I am ready to start losing I want to start seeing that scale go down guess I am

Inpatient but I see people not losing than I see people not losing I don't feel that Great either going to doc today to see if I have a kidney infection

Sent from my iPhone

I am little upset don't know if it's normal or not but I gained 8 pounds of Water in hospital and I have lost it now but the scale is not moving it's disappointing I am ready to start losing I want to start seeing that scale go down guess I am

Inpatient but I see people not losing than I see people not losing I don't feel that Great either going to doc today to see if I have a kidney infection

Sent from my iPhone

We're all impatient. We've had to jump through all sorts of hoops to get this done. But it only cost me co-pays and my time, but in the end it will all be worth it.

Today, 8 days after, I am starting to want some real food, but I got 3 weeks to go :(

I saw a 5 pound gain from retention after surgery. Today I'm post op day 6 and I'm down those 5(so back to pre surgery weight)

Erin - 35 - illinois

HW:262

SW: 228

CW:220

Surgery date - 6/22/16