Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight loss—high this week albeit increased food intake?

Hey Fam,

Officially surpassed fifty pounds lost year over year (386.2 to 335.0) on my own today.

On Thursday (6/23) I was approved for VSG, and over the past month, have lost over 10 pounds in 25 days. I've cut out most dairy and am seriously limiting bread products. Am drinking Soylents 2x per day; cut back on fast food significantly, and once per day am eating a heavier meal. In addition to dairy, have largely tried to limit refined carbohydrates. Obviously, caloric intake has been cut back but not substantially, and the last three days I've had (1) huge burrito per day (two carnitas and guacamole Th-Fri, one vegetarian today)—and if you know what South San Diego burritos are like, they weigh at least 2 pounds on their own and can't be less than 800 calories.

I drink loads of Water (80-100oz), and snack on fruit as the norm.

Have any of you experience higher levels of weight loss with higher consumption? The biggest things I've cut have been (aside from the TORTILLAS THE LAST THREE DAYS haha) would essentially be gluten, and all dairy, with complete nutrition in the Soylents, and high fat/protein/fiber.

Note: very active morbidly obese body—I run, do yoga daily, surf, swim, and dance daily.

This probably is a loaded question since all bodies vary. If my clothes weren't loosening and the scale mirror weren't reflecting the loss both at home and in the clinic, I'd be arguing with this too.

All love, let me know your thoughts.

Have to update everything already (), but this is a mirror selfie, 335.0 from a few minutes ago.

On my way to buy dark chocolate covered bananas from the market as a treat with the produce run! Talk soon.

—K

post-294988-14668881307985_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Congrats!

I am 5yrs out and when my weight loss slowed, my Nut. actually increased my daily caloric intake.

Sometimes our bodies go into starvation mode and will hang on to every oz of fat it can.

We all need a certain amount of calories to sustain life, so yes, it is possible to increase one's caloric intake and lose weight.

Right now, I'm heading for skin surgery this summer, so my surgeon and Nut. have balanced out my menu by adding whole grains and more fruits. This will increase my caloric intake, but will make my body more capable of a better and faster recovery after surgery.

Enjoy the burritos while you can. After WLS, it will be awhile until you'll have them again. :)