Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stomach cramps, bloody stool and chest pain with headache?

So, on Thursday, I was going for my daily hourly walk when I was drinking Water and my stomach began to badly cramp.

It literally felt like my stomach was being squished and I had to stop at a gas station to use the rest room. What I thought would be just a regular bowl movement was dark red blood, no stool, just blood.

This alerted me so I got a ride home and took a long rest. The next day, I began having chest pains on and off and didn't have a bowl movement all day.

Today, I have had a few chest pains and a headache, dizziness upon standing, weakness and bouts of diarrhea in which the last one was a bit bloody.

I have no idea what's going on. Has anyone experienced this?

You need to go to the Emergency Room ASAP! Have someone drive you or call a rescue! @ I don't mean to scare you but you need to get care soon. Don't wait.

Thank you so much! I'm going now!

And have your family call your bariatric surgeon so they know you are headed to ER.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Prayers!!! Let us know how you are doing!

My surgeon called me when I was half way to the ER. He said I didn't need to go and he wants me on a liquid diet. If it doesn't get better by Monday, I'll have to go and see him.

I was wondering when you had surgery and what type.

There could be several causes. Here is an internet link. http://www.webmd.com/digestive-disorders/bleeding-digestive-tract?page=2 So whatever the condition it needs to be examined and identified by a doctor. The fact that you had chest pains is also disturbing. The dizziness sounds like you are experiencing low blood sugar. If you were on diabetes medicine or insulin prior to surgery, it may be time to adjust down your dosage or complete eliminate the medicine. Many individuals who had gastric bypass also experience reactive hypoglycemia. But this condition normal first occurs in patients that are over 1 year post-op. https://www.ridgeviewmedical.org/services/bariatric-weight-loss/enewsletter-articles/reactive-hypoglycemia-postgastric-bypass

I was wondering when you had surgery and what type.

There could be several causes. Here is an internet link. http://www.webmd.com/digestive-disorders/bleeding-digestive-tract?page=2 So whatever the condition it needs to be examined and identified by a doctor. The fact that you had chest pains is also disturbing. The dizziness sounds like you are experiencing low blood sugar. If you were on diabetes medicine or insulin prior to surgery, it may be time to adjust down your dosage or complete eliminate the medicine. Many individuals who had gastric bypass also experience reactive hypoglycemia. But this condition normal first occurs in patients that are over 1 year post-op. https://www.ridgeviewmedical.org/services/bariatric-weight-loss/enewsletter-articles/reactive-hypoglycemia-postgastric-bypass

I had my surgery September 2nd and it was roux en y/gastric bypass.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using the BariatricPal App

I'm concerned about the chest pain and bleeding. Internal bleeding can cause anemia which can cause a heart attack. If it gets worse - I'd still go to ER regardless of the surgeon's advice. Hope you are better soon.

I'm concerned about the chest pain and bleeding. Internal bleeding can cause anemia which can cause a heart attack. If it gets worse - I'd still go to ER regardless of the surgeon's advice. Hope you are better soon.

Thank you so much. I will probably go later on tonight

I had similar symptoms many years ago. It could be many things but they told me I had infectious colitis caused by food poisoning. Since it was bacterial antibiotics gave me relief quickly. Please get to the ER and let us know how your doing. I was so sick for many days and a little antibiotic worked wonders!

Since you had your surgery over 9 months ago, your wounds from surgery should have healed. So the bleeding is probably not directly related to surgery.

To think about it, I did experience something similar around a year and a half post op. It was a 5 day stomach flu. I had all the symptoms that you described except for the bloody stool. I lost almost 7 pounds during that flu and banked the added weight loss. In my case I didn't panic because my wife came down with the stomach flu a week or two earlier, so I knew it was coming. Did anyone close to you suffer from a stomach flu recently?

An update:

As of 6pm, I still am not able to have a bowl movement but I am passing gas. My stomach no longer hurts, I don't feel weak and there is no chest pain. I am on 48 hours fluids (my doctor said see him Monday if it doesn't improve) and I no longer have a headache.

Since you had your surgery over 9 months ago, your wounds from surgery should have healed. So the bleeding is probably not directly related to surgery.

To think about it, I did experience something similar around a year and a half post op. It was a 5 day stomach flu. I had all the symptoms that you described except for the bloody stool. I lost almost 7 pounds during that flu and banked the added weight loss. In my case I didn't panic because my wife came down with the stomach flu a week or two earlier, so I knew it was coming. Did anyone close to you suffer from a stomach flu recently?

No, I haven't left my house in nearly a week. My mom works but she hasn't been sick with any type of flu.