Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am having the hardest time. I don't know what to eat and I do feel hunger. I eat yogurt with genpro for Breakfast. Even though I could have scrambled eggs now. Then last night after broth for lunch. I had refrained Beans. I wanted more but I was scared. I think I had about 1/3 of a cup. Anyway. I'm struggling and don't feel like I'm losing. I am so scared I did this for nothing. I love real food. So the sf puddings are wearing on me. I don't like sweet as much as not. Help. What are you guys eating two weeks post op. How much. How often. Thanks.

Hi,

My surgery was June 8th. I was 10 on clear liquid diet post surgery and Monday was my first day of puree food. I eat every three hours and drink Water all day long in between my meals. My stomach can not take more than 4oz of food sometimes less. I use Pinterest for healthy Soup recipes. Since I'm on puree food for 10 days I put the Soup on the blender and eat it. I've lost a total of 19lbs. Oh I also have 1/2 of premier Protein shake in the morning and the other half in the evening. I believe next Wednesday I start with more solid food. I hope this helps hang in there!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using the BariatricPal App

Are you on purees? That's my plan for 2 &3 weeks. I was told to still have Protein Drinks for Protein. To eat 1-2ozs over 20 mins of puree wait 30 mins and have 2-4 ozs of Protein Drink over 1 hour wait 30 mins and repeat. Possible purees could be no sugar added apple sauce, avocado, cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, egg substitute or liquid egg whites, tuna, yogurt, plain oatmeal, Soups (no chunks or blended). You can Google some good recipes for purees too. Experiment and add spices or flavors to change things up. Purees must be less than 5 gms fat and 5 gms sugar. Recommends to set timer and eat on a schedule to be consistent. I think this stage is to reintroduce foods slowly but more to learn how to eat again (like a baby) and small portions. My NUT said to get protein from liquids and not to worry that you aren't able to get it from food yet. I hope this helps. And you will lose - stick with the plan and you won't fail! Good luck!

Kristen it will get better. I am 12 days post op and I feel/felt the same way you do right now. My ninja blender has become my best friend. I cannot eat much right now, but I found boiling chicken and breaking it down in the ninja very fine helped me. I use the broth from the chicken I n mashed potato flakes for make substance. And the broth is also a good source of Protein by itself. Now many will probably have a problem with the potato flakes, but the truth is I cant eat enough to stop me from losing weight. I can probably eat 3 or 4 spoons of the mixture. And my surgeon recommended them, because I don't like grits or cream of wheat. I made a batch on Monday and ate it for lunch only Tues - Thurs. For Breakfast I ate egg salad (I can only eat one egg) small bites of soft Turkey bacon. I also drink a carnation breakfast Essential throughout the day (15g protein) and I love Isopure. One Isopure last me three days. I must say you have to get creative to get the food in. It's a job in itself.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App