Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am 21 days out now when I drink are eat I don't feel full. I don't want to do anything to stretch my sleeve so am looking for any advise .

Sent from my HUAWEI H892L using the BariatricPal App

Are you eating solids yet? i didn't feel the restriction until I started eating solid Proteins.< /p>

You shouldn't feel any restriction with drinking, that is normal. liquids go right through your pyloric valve, as will runny type foods like yogurt.

Your nerves are probably still healing after surgery, so for more solid foods, if that is what you are eating (you don't say what sorts of things you are eating in your post), you need to carefully measure or weigh your small portions and eat only your measured portions. My guidelines for early stages were: puree stage: no more than 3 tablespoons of food. Soft food stage: no more than 3 ounces of food.

Also, probably good to get rid of the idea of looking for the "full" feeling. Eating until we are "full" is what made us all obese. Stick with a carefully measured small portion of food and look for satisfied, i.e., no longer hungry, not "full." "Full" means you are stretching your capacity and that is a road you do not want to go down. Good luck!

You shouldn't feel any restriction with drinking, that is normal. liquids go right through your pyloric valve, as will runny type foods like yogurt.

Your nerves are probably still healing after surgery, so for more solid foods, if that is what you are eating (you don't say what sorts of things you are eating in your post), you need to carefully measure or weigh your small portions and eat only your measured portions. My guidelines for early stages were: puree stage: no more than 3 tablespoons of food. Soft food stage: no more than 3 ounces of food.

Also, probably good to get rid of the idea of looking for the "full" feeling. Eating until we are "full" is what made us all obese. Stick with a carefully measured small portion of food and look for satisfied, i.e., no longer hungry, not "full." "Full" means you are stretching your capacity and that is a road you do not want to go down. Good luck!

I'm nine months out and I feel full after 5 or 6 small bites. So that full feeling is going to stick around for awhile.

it took about 3 months for my stomach area to heal enough to really start feeling completely there. so full for me before then meant a drippy nose, a hiccup or I am going to die feeling. I rarely ate enough to experience those. I measured my food, ate it and was done (or until one of the above symptoms manifested) until the next time.

now I eat slowly and feel satisfied with the food I eat but do not eat until I feel "full" because I could eat quite a bit more than I need at this point.

Keep this in mind as it's something I'm struggling with right now (2.5 years post op). The point isn't always to feel full, but to not feel hungry. Your ghrelin probably isn't tell you you're hungry as well, so soon after surgery. So watch your energy levels and go with how you feel. Keep fluids going strong and be mindful of the 30 min before and after eating.

@@thickgirl49 Stick to the amounts advised by your Team. You should not feel full - the goal is to feel satisfied. Much of what you are eating are foods that go through your sleeve quickly. Weigh and measure your food and stay with your plan. Good luck.

WILL YOU GUYS EXPLAIN THE REASON FOR THE 30 MIN BEFORE AND AFTER food AGAIN FOR ME PLEASE

WILL YOU GUYS EXPLAIN THE REASON FOR THE 30 MIN BEFORE AND AFTER food AGAIN FOR ME PLEASE

There's a couple reasons for this.

1) Drinking with meals or soon after can and will flush food from the stomach into the small intestine. This can result in malabsorption of nutrients as well as increase chance of dumping.

2) Eating so soon after drinking can have similar results. However, if can make you feel fuller. The problem there is, is that you're not eating enough Protein, nutrient rich food. Which will later lead you to feeling hungry and potentially over eating.

If you must drink with your meal, keep it to less than 2oz of Water. Sometimes you eat something that's drier than you anticipated and just need to moisten the mouth. Understandable. I eat a pretty dry but good Protein Bar every morning, and I incorporate some fruit with it to "act" as a liquid.

I'm nine months out and I feel full after 5 or 6 small bites. So that full feeling is going to stick around for awhile.

WHAT ARE 5 or 6 BITES? What is the scientific measurement for that? 5 or 6 bites are completely arbitrary. I know guys that can eat an entire 1/4 pounder from McDonalds in 4 bites. If you can't provide grams or ounces why even bother?

WHAT ARE 5 or 6 BITES? What is the scientific measurement for that? 5 or 6 bites are completely arbitrary. I know guys that can eat an entire 1/4 pounder from McDonalds in 4 bites. If you can't provide grams or ounces why even bother?

I said small bites. You can't eat a 1/4 burger with 5 or 6 small bites.

@@PayItForward

How many grams or ounces is a small bite?

Telling people you had 5 or 6 small bites gives them no idea of what you actually had. One persons small bite is another person medium and another persons large.

According to my dietitian 1 tablespoon is a small bite. Seeing as you're about a year out, I would think a meal for you, measurement wise, would be about 1 cup to 1 1/2 cups of food.

Keep in mind different types of food affect people differently. Example: potatoes of any kind for me fill me up. 1/2 cup of mashed potatoes and I can't eat anymore. However, it's nothing for me to eat 6oz of chicken breast, 1 corn on the cob, and 1/2 cup of broccoli.