Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm wondering if my sleeve is small enough?

So I'm 12 days post op,and I ate a slice of pizza, and I reall chewed it.but I didn't full totally full.is this strange or a bad thing? Help

Did your doctor's dietary plan allow for eating pizza less than 2 weeks out? I am like 99% sure they didn't, because that is crazy. Most folks on here will tell you that was insane to try to do. Solid foods are usually not allowed until around 4 weeks, and eating something fatty and carby like pizza even before 6 months is VERY VERY bad.

Your stomach is not going to be fully healed for months. You will not be able to feel real hunger pains and especially not be able to tell fullness feelings very well because it is still very traumatized and swollen. Introducing foods you should not be eating that early is dangerous and you could cause damage or get small particles (like seeds if you ate pizza with any spices on it) embedded in the staple line and cause major complications and even surgery to remove the invasive objects.

Do not screw around and try to test your sleeve. You may be lucky and have no issues, but you are taking major risks with your health doing this.

And you're throwing away all the months of work and planning by not sticking to your doctor's plans and sabotaging your ability to retrain yourself to eat good, healthy food from the start. You need to get your head straight and do this the right way.

My initial thoughts are 1, why would you be eating pizza so soon and 2, why wouls you even attempt to eat a whole slice. Sorry if that sounds rude or mean...

I can't say if it's normal. Only your doctor knows how big they made your sleeve. What I can say is that at almost a year post op I don't know if I could eat a whole slice because I have never attempted to. I have had pizza a few times since surgery and each time I cut a piece off a slice, a little less than half, and that's all I eat. Maybe a bite or two of salad with it

If you are concerned then the best thing to do is to tak to your surgeon

In what time frame did you eat this slice? I mean I could finish a slice after an hour or so.

I haven't tried (5 months out) I only eat the toppings when I have pizza. Which is rare and was not till after 6 weeks.

Your meals should be eaten inside 30 mins. Limited to 1/4-1/2 cup at a time and always Protein first.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Wow. 12 days out and I was still on full liquids. I have to echo everyone else about pizza being a crazy thing to try at this stage. Im 13 weeks out and avoid all bread like the plague. If you want to potentially hurt yourself and/or screw yourself out of success, keep eating whatever you want. Otherwise, get with the program and stop messing around. Pizza... really?!

If I were in your situation I'd be a lot more worried about my commitment to making healthy and proper decisions, and about the potential damage I did myself, than about the size of my sleeved stomach.

So I'm 12 days post op,and I ate a slice of pizza,and I reall chewed it.but I didn't full totally full.is this strange or a bad thing? Help

Yeah, it's both strange and bad.

But probably not in the ways you think it is.

Why do they suck? They are just being honest. This is a forum after all. Nothing should be sugar coated.....

Sugar coating isn't allowed either on the post WLS diet phase plans.

:)

You should follow your surgeon's post WLS diet plan. pizza wouldn't be on it at 12 days post WLS.

If you don't have one from them or the nutritionist, there are post WLS diet phase plans that you can find online from reputable bariatric surgery hospitals.

You could seriously damage to your stomach and cause life threatening complications by eating off-plan. No one is going to coddle you and tell you it was okay - it's dangerous. Be careful and stay on your plan.

dang you guys suck! If It were me I would be afraid to post anything if you all attack people like that, jeez

So we are supposed to say, oh it is okay you took a chance on riping apart your new staples and having stomach acid seep into your chest cavity and spend 3-4 months in ICU because pizza it totally worth it?

THIS IS NOT A DIET YOU CAN CHEAT ON! THIS IS MAJOR SURGERY AND A LIFE CHANGE.

People keep posting and acting like this is a diet, it is not a diet, advancing your food, eating things off plan can seriously harm you. This is not a game.

This isn't a person, a year out that went to the bar and had too many chicken strips with beer. This is a person with a swollen stomach and a healing staple line. Eating off plan is flat out dangerous and points to serious food addiction.

If they aren't a random troll, they need to seek therapy ASAP so they can learn to cope with their food issues.

A college associate of mine advanced her food, testing her WLS early and ended up on a feeding tube. This is serious and my "mean" tone comes from a place of concern and horror.

Edited by OutsideMatchInside

dang you guys suck! If It were me I would be afraid to post anything if you all attack people like that, jeez

Nobody here attacked. People are expressing concern for someone who seems to have made a very bad choice. Getring weight loss surgery is not something to be taken lightly. If you are months out and you cheat it's not as bad. But if you eat solid food so soon, before you are healed its not just making an unhealthy food choice, it's possibly causing severe damage and complication