Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I will be the first to start

I guess I will be the first to post! My surgery is scheduled for the 11th of November (Yes, just before the holidays...I know) and I am excited. I am having it performed by Dr. Sergio Quinones in Tijuana. My coworker has had her WLS performed there and has referred 5 of her family and friends and they have found great success with Dr. Quinones.< /p>

I am 41 years old and weigh about 325 lbs. I am excited to start a new life!

I hope to hear from you!

Edited by bellevuefreak

Scheduled my surgery for November 10th. Started this process on January 4th. Excited /nervous /scared all at once. My surgery will be done in Duluth MN

Sent from my SCH-I545 using the BariatricPal App

I would run my friend Sue used him and almost died, he left a sponge in her. I think Tijuana is perfectly safe but after almost losing her it opened my eyes to making sure I pick the right doctor and a well equipped facility. I just was denied for the third time by insurance and so I have in my mind struck out and have to look at Mexico. I am going to go about this in a different way then how I started before. My life is very important and so here is how I am now going to do my research.

1. If I am paying out of my pocket then I want a real hospital not a clinic like my friend had.

2. I want my own private room and bathroom. If I have to share then what other corners are they cutting.

3. I want to see an ICU where I am going. You know some of these clinics say they have an ICU when it is really the OR. Not good if it is in use when your in trouble.

4. I want a doctor who only does 3-4 surgeries a day.

5. I know everyone has complications so I want the coordinator to be truthful not fill me with a line of BS that is not true to get my money.

6. I want a doctor who is going to do the right procedure for me and not what I think I want. If I need a by-pass and not a sleeve then be truthful. Don't do the bypass for more money do it me and my quality of life after. I can only afford to do this once I cant afford a revision. The doctor your talking about has a hate.

I just want a good doctor with a real hospital and I want real results for my real hard earned dollars.

I would run my friend Sue used him and almost died, he left a sponge in her. I think Tijuana is perfectly safe but after almost losing her it opened my eyes to making sure I pick the right doctor and a well equipped facility. I just was denied for the third time by insurance and so I have in my mind struck out and have to look at Mexico. I am going to go about this in a different way then how I started before. My life is very important and so here is how I am now going to do my research.

1. If I am paying out of my pocket then I want a real hospital not a clinic like my friend had.

2. I want my own private room and bathroom. If I have to share then what other corners are they cutting.

3. I want to see an ICU where I am going. You know some of these clinics say they have an ICU when it is really the OR. Not good if it is in use when your in trouble.

4. I want a doctor who only does 3-4 surgeries a day.

5. I know everyone has complications so I want the coordinator to be truthful not fill me with a line of BS that is not true to get my money.

6. I want a doctor who is going to do the right procedure for me and not what I think I want. If I need a by-pass and not a sleeve then be truthful. Don't do the bypass for more money do it me and my quality of life after. I can only afford to do this once I cant afford a revision. The doctor your talking about has a hate.

I just want a good doctor with a real hospital and I want real results for my real hard earned dollars.

Sorry to hear about your friend, sue. My coworker has sent at least 6 people to this Dr. and all of them have had no complications and are having great success from their surgeries.

Hello to all!!!! I'm hoping for a November surgery date. I have my first consultation visit on Aug 4th. I will meet the nurse, surgeon, NUT, insurance coordinator, and get lab work done. My insurance only requires 3 months NUT visits, and 2 yrs previous morbid obesity diagnoses. I'm praying everything goes smoothly so I can end 2016 on a great note.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hello to all!!!! I'm hoping for a November surgery date. I have my first consultation visit on Aug 4th. I will meet the nurse, surgeon, NUT, insurance coordinator, and get lab work done. My insurance only requires 3 months NUT visits, and 2 yrs previous morbid obesity diagnoses. I'm praying everything goes smoothly so I can end 2016 on a great note.

Good luck with your journey.

Hopefully you don't have any snags on the way.

I started my journey on January 4th. I was approved 1st week in June but am waiting until November 10th for surgery.

Regards,

Steve

I started my journey on January 4th. I was approved 1st week in June but am waiting until November 10th for surgery.

Regards,

Steve

Thanks Steve

Regards,

Steve

Thanks Steve

Regards,

Steve

Thanks Steve

I had first consult yesterday and was told I should be looking at sleeve in November. I meet with nutrition and exercise both next week. Left message for psych appointment. Excited to feel like I am doing something about my health. I am 52, 5'6, and 251.

Regards,

Steve

That's awesome Steve! I guess we can sort of be bariatric pals then.

Hello all, I started my journey April 22nd. I'm looking at getting surgery in November. All I have left to do is the psych eval which is this Thursday and then they'll submit to insurance. I can't imagine not getting approved when I've met all insurance requirements. What would be the reasons for not getting approved?

I'm 37 yrs old, 5'6", 235 lbs. 36 bmi with high BP. But my doc went ahead and put 40 bmi on the paperwork because I couldn't gain the 10 lbs! Never thought that would be hard lol. Oh and I live near Austin, Tx. Anyone else from this area?

Edited by marchmellow

Hello all, I started my journey April 22nd. I'm looking at getting surgery in November. All I have left to do is the psych eval which is this Thursday and then they'll submit to insurance. I can't imagine not getting approved when I've met all insurance requirements. What would be the reasons for not getting approved?

I'm 37 yrs old, 5'6", 235 lbs. 36 bmi with high BP. But my doc went ahead and put 40 bmi on the paperwork because I couldn't gain the 10 lbs! Never thought that would be hard lol. Oh and I live near Austin, Tx. Anyone else from this area?

It totally depends on your insurance. I am in the Dallas area and have BC/BS Texas. For BMIs between 35 and 39.9 you have to have one co-morbid condition NOT controlled by medication. I know lots of people on blood pressure medication, including myself, and not a single one is not controlled by medication. I would think they would keep trying until they got the right medication for you. Now for BMIs 40 and over you don't need anything else. I am your same height (but much older) and started looking into WLS about 18 months ago. I was about your weight then and was told no way insurance would pay. Now, I didn't try to gain weight, but alas I have and now I am at the magic 40. I have my psych eval this week and pray for a quick approval. However, many people on this site have many more hoops to jump thru. Some have to have met the 40 BMI for 3 years, some have to see a NUT for months or years prior to approval, etc. Totally depends on your insurance. I am not sure how the doctor can fib on your BMI either, don't they look at your medical records?? Anyway, I wish you luck!

@@laceemouse

Yes she fibbed and said I weighed 250 in April. And I've also been wearing ankle weights and have been taking a pound out every time I go in. So the doc thinks I weighed 242 or something. But I really weighed less. Anyway this way I can lose the weight before surgery and was heavy enough to start process in April. I got this idea from this site! Lol. I've been going every month to see NUT and they said my insurance will approve. I also have BCBS. I just still worry there will be something that says not approved. I'm nervous. Anyway, good luck to you as well mama!! This is gonna be awesome for us!!!

@@laceemouse

Yes she fibbed and said I weighed 250 in April. And I've also been wearing ankle weights and have been taking a pound out every time I go in. So the doc thinks I weighed 242 or something. But I really weighed less. Anyway this way I can lose the weight before surgery and was heavy enough to start process in April. I got this idea from this site! Lol. I've been going every month to see NUT and they said my insurance will approve. I also have BCBS. I just still worry there will be something that says not approved. I'm nervous. Anyway, good luck to you as well mama!! This is gonna be awesome for us!!!

Good luck to you, I can't wait to hear how it works out for you!! How tall are you? It sounds like we have about the same stats :)