Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm on Medicaid (apple Health) my insurance is with Amerigroup.

I have been approved for stage 2 with them. I have been going to the NUT twice monthly on my 6mo. medical diet plan, and meeting with my referring doc once a month.

I got stage 2 approval April 18,

I go to my first appt at U.W on Tue. for a consultation with the registered Nurse.not sure what all they will do there. Or from then on out.

I already did a psych evaluation.

I already lost my 5% weight.

Looking for other ppl. that have , or are going through this processes at this facility. that might be able to answer questions, or want to chat about the process.

I am curious, if im approved for stage 3 surgery, how long would this faculty take typically to schedule surgery.Any one know????

Any did they send you home with Vitamins, my NUT said they will?

I'm going threw it too, my next UW appt is the first week of September and my last NUT appointment is September 21, after that UW will contact my insurance and request approval for surgery, the procedure will be scheduled 4-8 weeks after that.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm hoping to do the same thing! How are things going for you now?

I did everything on there to do list so far, upper gi, met with their social worker, had upper endoscopy, met with their NUT, went to the P.T got cleared on every thing so far but have to go back for another session of P.T before she signs me off for being cleared for surgery. Then once that is done I can have my meeting with the surgeon to see if I am good for surgery or not. If so then I will have it scheduled in 1-2 months. I dont go back to P.T until sept. 6th. So if im lucky I think I can get surgery at the earliest by late oct- nov.

@ alysia.rush

My surgery is also at U.W.

I was told Not to expect the insurance to cover Vitamins. I found Walmart to be half the cost if insurance won't cover. (my B12 injections are $53 a month) versus $106

I was approved to and scheduled within 2 months (also on Apple Health).

I started my process Last November so it was a little while.

I had my surgery yesterday at the UW. I was up walking 3 hours after waking up. I itch like crazy though

Sent from my SM-N930T using the BariatricPal App

I was wondering I finished all my nut, mental, and physical therapy appointments and all the tests and labs. I'm waiting to be scheduled for the "Test Results" appointment, how long after that until surgery? I keep getting different answers, I must get in before Christmas otherwise I won't have the insurance to get it...

I have been approved for stage 2 with them. I have been going to the NUT twice monthly on my 6mo. medical diet plan, and meeting with my referring doc once a month.

I go to my first appt at U.W on Tue. for a consultation with the registered Nurse.not sure what all they will do there. Or from then on out.

Looking for other ppl. that have , or are going through this processes at this facility. that might be able to answer questions, or want to chat about the process.

I am curious, if im approved for stage 3 surgery, how long would this faculty take typically to schedule surgery.Any one know????

I am doing mine at the same place same insurance and everything. So I have a case worker from apple that tells me what I should do. So once I hit the weight I was told to hit. I called uwwmc and let their case worker know also had them setup my final appt which the long where u meet the time make ur choice of the type of surgery. Which is on Oct 27. But what I did to make the process got faster is I had my nut send the uwwmc the referral that shows I completed the nut appts. That made it go quicker once u do that and had ur pre op appt the uwwmc will contact the insurance company to get ur final approval. So I was would say just be on the have ur nutritionists send ur records off contact uw and the insurance company it should all be setup from there good luck keep us updated. I can give u any info u need as well.

O and u have to make sure u ha e done all the test required like upper GI things like that

I was wondering I finished all my nut, mental, and physical therapy appointments and all the tests and labs. I'm waiting to be scheduled for the "Test Results" appointment, how long after that until surgery? I keep getting different answers, I must get in before Christmas otherwise I won't have the insurance to get it...

I would say call and stay on them.

Everything is done, every test, every appointment, the weight is off, and the earliest they could do is November 14 for my last appointment and to meet the surgeon. If I don't have surgery before December 31 then I won't be able to have surgery period. I'm hoping that everything can get done in time.