Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Workout Music

Anybody have some good suggestions for workout music?

I'm open to any kind of music. I was looking on iTunes, but nothing caught my eye.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

what kind of a workout? running? walking? weights? yoga/pilates?

I tend to listen to country, blues, and live classic rock when I'm driving, grilling and just relaxing.

The gym, though.......that's another arena altogether. I amp things up a great deal there. There's been many times when the music was all I had to power me through a workout.

I tend to embrace heavy metal at these times.

The latest album from Five Finger Death Punch gets tons of playtime on my earbuds......this and their last one....Killer tunes to get that little bit extra from you.

It was what I was listening to this weekend.....after my 45 mins cardio and 30 mins lifting session was done......done......yet I was still feeling good....with something left in the tank. Walked by the punching bags and did my best old man beatdown on one of them. Results weren't pretty........but the tunes were fueling the inner beast.

Blvd6V5.png?1

bYbk2y3.jpg

Avenged Sevenfold works nicely, too.

wiiq0lS.png?1

I've never served in the military and I have great respect for those that have/do.

With that being said.....I tend to gravitate towards the gym tunes that I'd love to hear if I was going to war. Battle tunes. lol. I guess I am waging a war on fat, right ?

Do a search for the thread - but there was one a while back where everyone posted their favorite workout songs, and it was great.

I'm liking some Elle King (Ex's and Ohs) and a couple of Mghan Trainer (Bang dem sticks), also just downloaded some great rock oldies - Blondie's Call Me was a hoot to workout to last night! Oh - and Goldfrapp's Ooh La La is good too.

@@Dub

Yep, I like your thinking and music choices for working out.

I too, need something that's going to "get that little extra from you".

I do like avenged sevenfold....ill check out five finger death punch.

Thanks!

I go for songs that make me feel strong, pump me up, make me HAVE to move, dance etc...

When I'm doing cardio, I'm all about Pitbull! Dirty lyrics but certainly makes you want to move!

Also,this article gives 100 workout songs for lots of different categories. I found some good ideas on here when I needed to switch up some of my tunes.

http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/workout/music/popular-playlists/100-best-workout-songs/

Out of curiosity, would any woman listen to Queen's song "Fat Bottomed Girls"? :)

In the previous thread, I added some of my hard driving metal that I use regularly in the gym, but I discovered a "new" band that I just can't get enough of. There was a thrash metal band from the early 90's that I loved that I had the chance to meet the lead singer recently. He now does mash-ups of all things.

The song that I just can't get enough of now is a mash-up of No Diggity and California Love:

I downloaded to my Iphone PodRunner Shift, by DJ Steve Boyett.

I can choose hundreds of exercise mixes at different BPM, as well as the shift allows be to change any mix to the BPM I want at the time. They also have many Interval mixes.

Most mixes are about 60 min long so work well for most my workouts.

Link:

http://www.djsteveboy.com/app.html

If you have Amazon Prime then you have access to free music. Amazon has some great "workout" playlists already put together. They kinda build and cool down. I like them when I'm stuck for what I want to listen to. Helps me find my mojo.

OK, resurrecting this thread because I have just found the mother-lode of workout music.

https://youtu.be/LtQUJMBH8uE

I seriously cannot wait to have this blaring during my deadlift session.

Edited by BigViffer

I'm all about older stuff: AC/DC, Quiet Riot, Ratt, Metallica, and Motley Crue in the gym, and dance type music when I'm at home...