Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2015 Peeps......where U be ? What it is ?

So........how are things going for you ???

By now.....we've probably all learned a lot about ourselves.....the good, the bad.....the ugly.

We've been thrown off the horse and then got back on that beast and rode 'em hard again.

How are you doing ?

I'm feeling very confident in the future life and having a tool to keep the weight in the desired ranges. It's been a process.....and when I keep it simple it stays that way.......simple.

When I've opened the door a crack.....the madness comes rushing back in. The old ways. But......but.....the sleeve is a beast of his own. He knocks down the madness like Bruce Lee thwarting would be attackers. He fights them off until I can rally and get back to my senses.

Still having a lack of hunger as long as I don't escalate head hunger by grazing on sugary hell.

Sticking to Proteins and vegetables and all is well.

You are so right about the sugary things! I do my best to keep away from carbs and sugary things because one is never enough! Better for me to avoid . You are doing great anyway so all the best from me in sunny Wales uk

You are so right about the sugary things! I do my best to keep away from carbs and sugary things because one is never enough! Better for me to avoid . You are doing great anyway so all the best from me in sunny Wales uk

Thanks !!!!

Busted through a stall that has had me in the grips. Busted through and am pushing hard to reach my goal weight....my fighting weight.

I've got less than one month to go before I reach the 12 month mark of my first bariatric appointment. I know it's impossible for me to be at my goal weight by then......but I can be much closer.......

I'm hoping to be below my goal weight by the actual 12 months surgiversary.

Life is good when we are in control of our weight issues.

Hey October buddies!

I'm 1.2kg off "healthy bmi" and around 7 kg off goal weight.. Feeling good, working out hard, but I have definitely had my moments of weakness.

Thank goodness the restriction has minimized the damage in those moments and I have been able to reflect and take responsibility for the 'madness'...

I do feel like I'm in control now, for the first time ever, it's an empowering feeling and I'm going to hold on

Dub- you are so focused, very inspiring.. I have no doubt you will succeed

Hi October pals. Nearly 59lbs down and 24 to go. Loving feeling the way that so do. Stuck in a mini stall but do I care? Nope. June 9 '15 was the date that a pic was taken that showed me looking like a barrage balloon at ballet company (that I was in during the 70s) reunion. That was the straw that broke this camel's back. I feel GREAT. I'm costing my husband a fortune in new clothes and shoes as wearing stylish, fun things for the first time in years is just giving me such a buzz!!!!! He hasn't quite sussed my on-line shopping spree yet as I'm still dazzling him with my colour schemes!!!!!!!!! God help me when he realises that I am no longer wearing camouflage tents!!!!!!!!

post-157119-14675252097393_thumb.jpg

Lessons learned:

Gastric sleeve, MyFitnessPal and walking are my best friends.

Carbs are not!!!!

So........how are things going for you ???

By now.....we've probably all learned a lot about ourselves.....the good, the bad.....the ugly.

We've been thrown off the horse and then got back on that beast and rode 'em hard again.

How are you doing ?

I'm feeling very confident in the future life and having a tool to keep the weight in the desired ranges. It's been a process.....and when I keep it simple it stays that way.......simple.

When I've opened the door a crack.....the madness comes rushing back in. The old ways. But......but.....the sleeve is a beast of his own. He knocks down the madness like Bruce Lee thwarting would be attackers. He fights them off until I can rally and get back to my senses.

Still having a lack of hunger as long as I don't escalate head hunger by grazing on sugary hell.

Sticking to Proteins and vegetables and all is well.

I was sleeved on the 26th, starting weight 280, op day weight 222, goal weight 150, current weight 145.

I'm a sous chef at a marina and I sweat all day long in an 80-90 degree kitchen, I am moving [all day long] in a two story building. I drink more than the minimum amount of Water needed (because I am sweating, I need to replace that). I put inventory up, (yes up a set of stairs, we call it "leg day"... we have 3 of them a week minimum) and this is just things off the top of my head as to what I do in a day's work. Oh and 12 hour days, 5-6 days a week sometimes 7 if someone calls out. I bring greek yogurt, Protein bars, I make sure to hit my Protein count etc.

I've cut my hair, gotten a new tattoo (already had a few), and have to make an effort to not shop for myself now that I'm in my dream size.

I did everything the way my doctors program laid out for me and I reached the goal they set for me. I'm extremely happy with the decision to have this surgery and I am never looking back!!!!

post-256809-14698541133003_thumb.jpg

post-256809-14698541239075_thumb.jpg

Sent from my NXA116QC164 using the BariatricPal App

post-256809-14698541000171_thumb.jpg

Edited by steph_anie

Steph_anie, you look AMAZING. Well done. Love your new look, not just the weight loss but the haircut, the sassy way of holding your body, your tattoos. What a transformation. You can see your confidence in YOU in the pics, whereas in the 'before' pic you looked as though you wouldn't say boo to a goose! What a transformation between this time last year and now.

I'm a very happy sleever and couldn't recommend the procedure enough to anyone who is serious about changing their lifestyle. I'm (5'3") down from 203lbs SW to 140lbs. I want to get rid of another 20lbs to get to goal and am just being patient as this final bit is the hardest to shift. I am walking the dogs about five miles every morning and surprised myself (and the dogs) yesterday by breaking into a gentle sprint when there was no-one around. It felt fairly easy with a few beads of sweat seeping through my pores even on a cool UK summer morning. I need to be careful as I've got a ton of old injuries from my days as a dancer but I just felt this wonderful sense of freedom and achievement. If I imagine that I have lost approximately the weight of eight new born babies from my frame then it makes perfect sense that I can move so freely. The mental picture I have of eight babies hanging onto me, well.............. thank heavens I ditched them!!!

I know that I am going to have to be on my guard for the rest of my life to keep myself at the weight that is good for me. My eating habits are still changing and settling down. I DO NOT eat any processed or pre-packed food and my carb consumption is limited to veg and fruit. bread is kept as a special treat. I'm addicted to baby plum tomatoes and sweet strawberries at the moment. I always have a load of cooked chicken thighs or cooked salmon in the fridge for when I get the munchies. I have Greek yoghurt with berries or cherries already stirred into it ready so that I can grab a dollop when I need it. If the berries are too sour then I shove in a quick squirt of honey. I make a large Spanish omelette and have bits of that as a snack. I'm sure my eating habits will continue to change as I carry on through my WL journey. One thing that I do know is that along with being aware of what I eat I need to be constantly vigilant so that I don't indulge in slider foods and make sure that I fill up on Protein first and foremost.

Right, must haul my carcass out of bed now and get my mutts exercised. I shall try a quick sprint again, but as long as no-one is looking just incase I make a complete ass of myself!!!! Oh happy days

I agree both @@jintycb ..........@@steph_anie you have absolutely done an amazing jobs of rebuilding yourselves.

Great work, ladies.

Thanks @@Dub for starting this thread. I always feel like we're coming from a similar place.

I hit my goal really quickly by doing exactly what I should for the first 6 months (starting right after my post orientation weigh in).

I've been on maintenance since March 3rd and only gone over goal a few times and immediately go back on my post opt routine. So far that gets me back under goal in one day!

Summer on the Cape has really been a test, but as you say, the sleeve is a beast. Last night I ordered a pizza and had two beers. The pizza was really thin and I had three small pieces (probably 8 ounces). I've only had pizza a few times and it's fine. I'm not having trouble with complex carbs/starches, I just have really watch simple carbs/sugars.

I never dreamt that I could live life this way - unbelievable!

Edited by Cape Crooner

I had a bypass on 10/5/15. I had a lot of major life events and lost my mind for a bit. Just getting back on track. Started at 336 and now 273. I'm 5'7" and my goal is 180-200 (per doc).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using the BariatricPal App

I had the sleeve October 19, 2015.

Lost 120 pounds----still losing very slowly (like a pound a month). BMI went from 49 to 29. I look pretty good, and feel great. I feel so healthy!! Loose skin and flappy arms are my struggles now, Lol.

I would like to lose another 20 pounds but completely content where I am right now. Best decision I ever made, and have not had any complications or issues and still have not felt physical hunger, which I am grateful for :)

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I had the sleeve October 19, 2015.

Lost 120 pounds----still losing very slowly (like a pound a month). BMI went from 49 to 29. I look pretty good, and feel great. I feel so healthy!! Loose skin and flappy arms are my struggles now, Lol.

I would like to lose another 20 pounds but completely content where I am right now. Best decision I ever made, and have not had any complications or issues and still have not felt physical hunger, which I am grateful for :)

Skin is my issue now having lost so much so fast. Hopefully I'm young enough for it to tighten up over time! ????

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using the BariatricPal App

Hiya Dub, nothing to do with weight, just that as you know, I'm a fellow Oct 2015 sleever.

Thought you'd like a quick pic of our pups post-266130-14863254197204_thumb.jpg