Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting school again...

Hi guys!

I'm currently 7 weeks out and in the solid food phase and have been wondering what I should eat while in the city (nyc). I usually get a chipotle chicken salad bowl with black Beans, fajita vegetables, green salsa, Tomato salsa. It lasts me for lunch, a snack, and dinner.

Lately I've been becoming ocd about proportions. I hate that chipotle and other restaurants do not value making sure the proportions are right to match the website calories and macros

Is there anyway of ordering to insure for proper servings?

I would hate to be under shooting or over shooting everyday. Does anyone have any other recommendations? I cook but I do not have the time while in school.

Best,

Sanju

Maybe bring portioned containers with ounces or a little scale?

I used to eat roughly the same thing at Chipotle. If you're only eating one of their salads throughout the day, it seems like you're on target with portions. I can understand though that they don't do uniform serving sizes. I used to get one for lunch, eat a little for lunch, pull it out later and have some for dinner, and then toss about half the rest of the salad (because the lettuce got soggy). Like the other person said, you can potentially buy little containers or a scale, but everything is mixed together, so it's tough to measure that way. You could potentially have them put everything into specific sections of the salad plate, so that you can then later measure out the amount you want to eat. As an example, 1:00 is salsa, 2:00 is chicken, 3:00 is veggies, etc. I have them keep things separate because my salsa tends to make the lettuce soggy, so I'm sure we can't be the only people making weird "keep my food separate" requests.

@@sanjumelts

I can understand wanting to weigh it all out. Especially to make sure you are getting enough Protein. On days like that when I am not eating everything at home and I do not know the exact amounts. I start the day with a Protein shake or something high Protein, and I end the day with it. I plan those calories and macros out in advance so even if what I am eating is not exact, I know that I am getting my bare minimum protein in for the day.

At 7 weeks, you shouldn't have to worry too much about calories, you won't be able to eat too much anyway. I would just be concerned they aren't giving you enough meat. I doubt they are giving more than 3 ounces at a time and that is just around 20ish grams, not enough protein for a day.

Edited by OutsideMatchInside

Hi guys!

I'm currently 7 weeks out and in the solid food phase and have been wondering what I should eat while in the city (nyc). I usually get a chipotle chicken salad bowl with black Beans, fajita vegetables, green salsa, Tomato salsa. It lasts me for lunch, a snack, and dinner.

Lately I've been becoming ocd about proportions. I hate that chipotle and other restaurants do not value making sure the proportions are right to match the website calories and macros

Is there anyway of ordering to insure for proper servings?

I would hate to be under shooting or over shooting everyday. Does anyone have any other recommendations? I cook but I do not have the time while in school.

Best,

Sanju

Are you sure their portions are off? Years ago I had a roommate who worked at a fast food restaurant and they were obsessive about portions. She was very well trained. If she picked up grated cheese with her fingers it was the exact amount.

I haven't really eaten at a chipotle, but I do go to Moe's often, and Moe's is kind of like chipotle's sister restaurant. The spoons they use to grab the stuff with to make the tacos/salads/bowls are measuring cups so they know how much to put on