Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've stumbled on some interesting things lately ... both good and bad. I thought I would share them here and hope that others will do the same. :-)

First, I found a recipe that looked decent enough (in terms of nutritional value, taste and ease), but it did not include the nutrition information so I was not sure. I then discovered a website that I will calculate the nutritional value of any recipe. Pretty cool! Check it out:

https://www.caloriecount.com/cc/recipe_analysis.php

That recipe was really begging to be served with rice or another grain, but I didn't want to add all of those calories. Trader Joe's to the rescue with Organic Riced Cauliflower - only 20 calories a serving:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-wsuc0S-HsB8/VXmclJbbQUI/AAAAAAAAVo4/zs9oUSbegTU/s1600/DSC03584.JPG

Could I "rice" it myself? Sure, but boy was this ever quick and easy!!

My last interesting find was not a good one. I decided to splurge last night with a flavored yogurt that was not non-fat (I know - crazy, right?). So I had a Noosa, which I've had before. As yogurt goes, it's quite decadent ... it's like dessert without being quite as bad, and the added benefit of lots of protein! I've only had it a couple of times before and enjoyed their berry flavors, but this time I opted for lemon. SO yummy!! The problem? I was reading the ingredients and it includes ... wait for it ... BUTTER!!! Who has ever heard of butter in yogurt?!? Blech. And it's only in the lemon flavor. How weird is that?!? So it's back to more tame fat-free yogurt for me. After all, if I'm going to indulge in butter, I wanna taste it, and I want it paired with something that makes a lot more sense than yogurt. ;-)

I haven't tried any of these myself, but folks on another board keep talking about products from Walden Farms. They make a lot of calorie free Condiments and sauces. The salad dressings could possibly be OK...but I have no idea how they made calorie free Alfredo sauce and Peanut Butter. I'm not a stickler for no chemicals in my foods. I've been known to eat a Twinkie or five. But calorie free mayo and Alfredo terrify me.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I know this is an old post, but I've gotten such great info from these forums that I thought I'd share. We just started using Wallaby unsweetened fruit Greek yogurt. It's good. I like Noosa better but this one is better for you.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App