Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have read so much on here and had really wished to connect to someone else having the Sleeve tomorrow. I picked my name because of my hair color and I was a stay at home mom. (Red goddess) anyway, tomorrow is the big day. Today I have been doing the whole colon cleanse thing and on liquid diet. The berry flavored mag. citrate was not bad. So much better than the go litly stuff I had to drink (1 gal) before a colonoscopy. This was a walk in the park. I am very nervous and second guessing myself. At a meeting I attended on post op sleever said he had "buyers remorse". I hear that is common and passes fairly soon yet I still wonder if I could have done it (diet) successfully this time? Tried every diet known including hypnosis yet here I am

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hey Goddess, I am having surgery on the 6th, I am here for you! just breathe it will b ok

Hey Goddess, I am having surgery on the 6th, I am here for you! just breathe it will b ok

thank you Debra good luck on the 6th! I will be rooting for you.

hey. i had the surgery yesterday. i think we are both at the same track. so i guess we will be sharing alot. goodluck

Sent from my GT-I9500 using the BariatricPal App

Hope your surgery went well. Leaving in a couple of hours to the hospital. My surgery is at 11:30 but have to be there 2 hours early and it is about 2 hours to get there in traffic. I hope you are feeling well today.

well i was very scared actually! when i went under, it was pretty intense for me. anyway you wake up feelig like an empty stomach rubbing against each other. that is the worst part of it. you will feel dizzy and tired from the morphine. you are not allowed to drink or eat even if you pass gas or go to the bathroon for 24 hours. the pain is bearable and i survived it without strong pain killers, it is more of a discomfort than the actual pain. at night you will pee alot (ALOT). and the empty stomach rubbing sensation will tone down a bit allowing you to sleep. what was extremely uncomfortable to me was the severe heartburn and acid reflux that was not treated until today afternoon. but the good news is the next day you will feel alooot better, you will be allowed to drink and you will not be hungry at all despite the fact that you havent eaten for 24 hours. i still dont know what the full sensation is supposed to feel like so i an drinking a couple of teaspoons at a time because i dont want to take any chances. i sure hope that i helped you with my breifing. i wish you best of luck and when you wake up and able to communicate give me an update... and feel free to ask anytime.

thank you for the update, keep us informed

third day! huge improvement... i feel almost normal. no pain and no acid refluxes. i just go discharged. i can walk and go to the bathroom on my own. i even feel like i lost a couple of pounds. i am not hungry yet, i had a couple of table spoons of herbal tea and i had some Jello an hour later. there is no discomfort and no actual pain. i feel a bit tired, probably because i haven't eaten for a while. he perscribed me a pain killer if needed and a stomach protection so i wouldn't feel the heartburns. i am still waiting for your reply... i hope you are okay. i'm sure you are still in the uncomfortable painful stage. please keep me posted.

hi. how are you doing today? how did the surgery go? how are you feeling?

it went well. Pain meds wired me so I have been up all night. Just waiting for Dracula to show up. LOL. I heard the first night is the worst. If that is so then I look forward to tonight. How are you feeling?

feeling alot better. just the empty stomach feeling is kind of unsettling. please keep me posted.

and incase dracula does show up. take a selfie with him; it would make a hell of a BEFORE picture.

feeling alot better. just the empty stomach feeling is kind of unsettling. please keep me posted.

and incase dracula does show up. take a selfie with him; it would make a hell of a BEFORE picture.

was not up for a photo op. She took the blood and left. I am still trying to catch up on sleep. Kaiser nurses up on the floor are not the most caring. How are you doing?

well... i am done with the clear liquid phase... as for the sleep, the good news is you will sleep better than ever in a couple of days; despite the pain and i honestly dont know why. Yesterday felt horrible... its the food related issues that i have or had. we tend to take the issue lightly; our addiction to food. I read about it alot, and researched it and it just felt like one of those things that are not gonna happen to me. my friend, if you pass through that depressive phase just keep in mind that it will pass and the sadness will go away. a couple of words of advice for the clear liquid phase: try to drink something filled with Protein so you wouldn't feel weak and tired and depressed all the time. Dont force yourself into a liquid that you are clearly hating because it will only make things worse. try different types of juice or broth and find what suits u. everything tastes horrible first day but some taste less horrible than others. some smells (food aromas) that were normal and natural might make you feel naseaux; dont freak out, it's how things work. drink slowly and dont be too worried about if you drank too much. try a couple of table spoons every 15 minutes. i am here... feel free to ask anytime. and i do wish you a quick recovery.

Today is my one month anniversary. I'm glad I did it. I'm down 31 lbs.

There have been some immediate benefits. My back, knees and hips hurt less. I was experiencing some incontinence. That is markedly improved.