Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gastric sleeve on 4/13/16

My surgery was on 4/13/2016. I'll be 27 on may 31st. HW: 220 SW: 190 CW:163 GW: 125. I'm 5'1". I have diabetes, hypothyroidism, genetic high cholesterol, PCOS, Migraines, sleep apnea (what my dad passed away of when I was 11), acid reflux, had a bad gallbladder (it was removed on 2/5/16) and fatty liver. I would work my behind off at the gym 5 days a week for 2 hours each day. I had a personal trainer and nothing ever seemed to help. For those of you with hypothyroidism, y'all should know what I'm talking about. If you aren't on the right medication, you won't lose weight you will keep gaining. I found out soon after my daddy passed, I was 12 (he passed in march, i turned 12 in may) that I had hypothyroidism and I'd have to take medicine the rest of my life for it. Then when I was about 17 I found out I was now a type 2 diabetic. 10 years later, after I found out I was diabetic and going on 2 months post operation on 6/13/16, I haven't had to have any insulin since the first day post operation. My bs stays btw 100-130. I was cleared from surgery on 5/24/2016. I am not so tired now and I can't wait to meet my goal weight! Good luck everyone with their journeys!

Sent from my SM-G928V using the BariatricPal App

I keep reading these posts about how horrible the first 2 weeks are and I'm nervous. I bet you already look great already. I have medical issues that will hopefully be much improved afterwards.... and I'm looking forward to a new wardrobe.

I am 2 weeks post op and I can tell you my first week was horrible mentally and I was in pain . But my metformin was gone the day after surgery my glucose levels stay between 80-120 and since I was home for ten days those were the hardest. I went back to work last Monday and just feeling tired for the first couple of days, I realize that It makes it easier once I get a routine down. I'm not perfect but I'm working on this on a min to min basis. I can't say one day at a time because it's more than that . I'm looking for a support group because growing up with a mom that forced me to finish everything on my plate has really messed my way of thinking up and I'm learning to feel full!! Which is something that I can honestly say I've never felt before!!

You guys will be ok take it slowly and follow the plan it's hard but you will see results and you will love them . I'm not sure how much I've lost because the scale is a bit discouraging to me and I try to just go by my clothes but I will need new uniforms soon because they are getting too big

I'm 5 1 and my highest wt was 213 and I was 200.5 prior to surgery

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

It's nice to talk to others that are similar in weight/height and goals. I keep telling myself this will pass and I just need to get through it and start seeing the results then I will be excited. I'm not scared of surgery but I am scared about complications.