Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just started my journey

I just had my first (5/27) of 6 nutritional appoints as required by my insurance. I am hoping for a December surgery, this is my speaking it into existence. I hope to get a quick approval! Any advise or sharing of your experience is welcome! I am excited!

Sent from my LGMS631 using the BariatricPal App

I don't have any advice. I just wanted to say that we are on the same schedule. I just had my first of 6 appointments on May 23rd. Well actually it is the first of seven because it has to be 6 full months so the first visit doesn't actually count. I am also hoping for a December surgery.

Awesome & congrats! I'm switching places, the original place is out of network, I'm going to see a doctor in network. I found out from my insurance I dnt have to do the 6mths so starting over won't be so bad. The new place want me to do 3mths which is not bad. Still excited!

Blessings!

Edited by Deuel30

I had my first of 6 consults on May 25th. My last consultation is October 20th so I'm actually hoping for a November surgery date but December seems more realistic. The waiting is killing me!

I had my first of 6 consults on May 25th. My last consultation is October 20th so I'm actually hoping for a November surgery date but December seems more realistic. The waiting is killing me!

Just make sure that october 20th is really your last visit. often it takes 7 visits because the first one doesn't count because it is the initial weigh in. Most insurance companies want 6 full months of supervised weight loss so the first visit doesn't count. My first visit was may 23rd and my last visit is nov 22

Just make sure that october 20th is really your last visit. often it takes 7 visits because the first one doesn't count because it is the initial weigh in. Most insurance companies want 6 full months of supervised weight loss so the first visit doesn't count. My first visit was may 23rd and my last visit is nov 22

I will have to check into that thank you. They set all of my appointments right after they verified my insurance so I'm assuming they would have made a seventh appointment if I needed one but I definitely need to check.I have two small children so I'm getting all my ducks in a row to make sure I have plenty of help during and after surgery.

I just had my first (5/27) of 6 nutritional appoints as required by my insurance. I am hoping for a December surgery, this is my speaking it into existence. I hope to get a quick approval! Any advise or sharing of your experience is welcome! I am excited!

Sent from my LGMS631 using the BariatricPal App

Hiiii! I'm hoping for a December date too! I just had my transnasal EGD yesterday and have completed my nutrition appointment along with 5 of my 6 required MD weightloss visits. My last MD visit is on the 29th! I'm waiting until December because I'm in grad school and that's between semesters for me. I hope I don't have any issues with approval!

My journey began last week..I had my first WLS class..my last is in January...so I'm looking at a February/March date. I see everyones stories about the pain, vomiting, etc..kinda scary..but then I hear all the great outcomes because of it. Excited and nervous at the same time. Good Luck guys!!

Sent from my XT1650 using the BariatricPal App

Edited by sweetsexy50