Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where do you guys go is you eat out? I'm thinking that I will end up being expensive (being an adult) and not eat much. My husband and I and our families love going out. I want to make sure that I'm still eating, but I want to be able to have just a couple bites and not have to take it all home. It's not a REAL HUGE concern, but just something I thought about!

My surgeon said that a lot of times spouses lose weight too, but in my case, I think my husband will end up gaining bc he will be finishing my plate! ... "Are ya gonna finish that?" Haha

Where do you go/what do you eat?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I go anywhere I want. My favorite places are sushi restaurants and I just order some pieces alacarte. Or if I'm going to a chain restaurant I just get an appetizer. Or honestly I'll occasionally get a whole meal and take the leftovers home and it's a couple of meals

We eat out all the time. I am 10 months out from surgery. I order what ever Protein looks good to me at the moment. When it arrives at the table, I portion out the amount I want. When I am done, I just have the waiter take it away. My husband usually has a few bites if it interest him. If not, it is just like eating out pre-op without cleaning my plate. I am really not a big leftover type of person. At first it bothers me with the questions and looks from the staff, but now I really don't care. I eat like a naturally skinny person. I love this new life!

I always order an appetizer or a Soup for me and if I'm still hungry I'll get a bite or two from my daughters plate since she never finishes her food.

I love taking stuff home - leftovers are awesome! Kinda confused why that would seem a negative?

I eat out pretty much anywhere and either get a Protein packed appetizer (one place I always get their ceviche - soooo good!) or get a reasonable entree (usually chicken or fish) and then take it home with me. I also can just ask for the husband to get an add-on to his meal (like they'll let you add on shrimp or crab legs to some meals) and eat that with a side salad.

We do usually go to sushi restaurants and I just order sashimi and some riceless rolls and am perfectly happy.

I'm only 3 weeks post op, so I'm on soft foods only and haven't eaten out yet. Going out for the first time this Thursday night and hoping there is a Soup I can eat! I asked this question recently in a local support group, and one woman recommended Tokyo Joe's. She said they have a teriyaki sauce made with stevia, I think it's even called steviyaki. I'm looking forward to trying it when I get the docs ok to get off soft foods. May be worth checking out if you have a Tokyo Joe's in your area. They also have sushi there, so I'm thinking it may end up being a favorite for me!

a lot of restaurants will allow you to order Protein a la carte... even if it isn't listen on the menu. i often will order grilled chicken, a 6oz steak, salmon, etc a la carte and take the leftovers home for other meals.

i also will go with my sister and split something... i just take some of the Protein, since restaurant meals are usually so big, it isn't a problem:)

My husband and I share, a lot of times. It works out really well because his eyes don't end up being bigger than his stomach, and he doesn't end up "finishing" my plate, too. I eat my 5 bites and then he eats the rest of our shared meal.

If we don't want to share, we just get what we want and I take mine home. You'll learn quickly the kind of things that reheat well, and the kind of things that don't :) an appetizer is also a good idea, but I can never finish an appetizer on my own either. So if I'm going to have leftovers regardless, I just order what I want.

We really enjoy sharing, though! We save a ton of money (and excess pounds) that way.

My dad and I have a tradition of Chinese. When we went out at two weeks post op, I got egg drop Soup. It was wonderful and sat well!

I'm only 3 weeks post op, so I'm on soft foods only and haven't eaten out yet. Going out for the first time this Thursday night and hoping there is a Soup I can eat! I asked this question recently in a local support group, and one woman recommended Tokyo Joe's. She said they have a teriyaki sauce made with stevia, I think it's even called steviyaki. I'm looking forward to trying it when I get the docs ok to get off soft foods. May be worth checking out if you have a Tokyo Joe's in your area. They also have sushi there, so I'm thinking it may end up being a favorite for me!

When I was on soft foods, I ate soft fish: grilled salmon at a cookout was the first. Not much later, I had shrimp and scallops at a hibachi restaurant. You can find soft foods at restaurants, especially nicer restaurants.

I always split with someone else at the table ...

eating out definitely isn't like "before" ...

But at least I can still go and enjoy peoples company :)

My favorite is to go to a Mexican restaurant and I order one chicken soft taco on a corn tortilla off the a la cart menu. It's perfect size and I just get the chicken and cheese on it. I eat what I want of it, normally around half, then let them take it away. Much less waste and only a few dollars on the bill! [emoji6]