Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Grilling at the beach....what to eat?

So I live at the beach... I know poor me! Well our tradition is to literally drive on with the 4x4, take some wood, start a fire grill dogs on a stick and that is our lunch. Of course there always some high carb potato salad and Pasta salad and s'mores, Cookies, chips, etc. Well I was sleeved last December and the old tradition does not fit in my new life. How would you change it up? Lean hotdog with no bun? cheese sticks or yogurt in the cooler? Any tasty things I could grill on a stick and that are on the bariatric diet? Side note I am not dreading the bathing suit this year! Beach here I come!

Shrimp!

Seafood

Hobo packets

chicken or turkey sausage, brats, dogs, or something similar

Vegetables

Shish kabobs

Great ideas... Shrimp kabobs!

Beach grilling? :)

Anything from the ocean on a skewer with veggies.

Grilled cauliflower and melon.

Grilled yams instead of potatoes.

Grilled flashed tomatoes.

Seaweed salad with pine nuts.

Pork grilled under the sand---yummy!!!

The only thing not grillable is----well--- EVERYTHING is grillable. :)

OMG! I need to go back to the surf! :)

Wow awesome ideas BP friends! I think after this weekend only the kiddos will want hotdogs! All the adults will enjoy these ideas! No sacrifice needed!

OK, I'm hungry and in desperate need of an ocean.

Wonderful ideas here!!! Grilling is sooooo WLS friendly and just healthy in general!!!!

meat and veggies of any variety!

Salads and slaws.

Shrimp on skewers......hit 'em hard with Tai Chili sauce and let it ride.

Ohkay - now I need to add buying a new grill to my list of needs after my surgery :D lol - couldn't I just hire one of you to come cook for me? :P

I was thinking of this burger that my family makes - we call it a Hobo Burger - you can use ground turkey burger - tomatoe slice and onion - we usually put half a potatoe on top - just do it without or add a different veggie like cauliflower and add a clove or two of garlic - add salt/pepper or whatever seasonings you like on your burger - wrap the whole thing in foil and put it on the grill until the burger is done :D

I'm only able to eat half but sharing was fun too :D

Edited by Raenh

Oh my this is going to be a tasty weekend at the beach! Who needs hotdog?

for a dessert I've seen people take an ice cream cone, fill it with berries and a few chocolate chip, wrap in foil, and warm up on the grill. Looks good

for a dessert I've seen people take an ice cream cone, fill it with berries and a few chocolate chip, wrap in foil, and warm up on the grill. Looks good

Darn that sounds good! Now, what to use instead of a cone??