Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Grumpy and irritated...

Hi all,

So I am 12 days post op and I am grumpy and irritated as one can be. I don't know if it's the pain or lack of food but I am not being myself and emotional a lot. I guess my husband got tired of taking care of me and the doggies by now (I can tell by his body language, I am usually so independent that I guess he didn't expect the recovery to take that long) and thinks that I am doing well enough that I don't need help anymore, as much as I would want to be back to my normal self I am not even close to being there, my energy is not there at all, I have no appetite (which is good and bad because it makes hard getting Water and Protein down - I never thought I would not be hungry! I think my belly is still swollen.l when does that go away? I just want to start feeling well already... I am supposed to go back to work on Tuesday and I am so nervous. Have you noticed more energy on blended foods?

Hi there :) So I am 9 days post op... I am also grumpy at times and easily irritated. I think it's because we are hungry and our brains are in revolt LOL

I have my post op appointment tomorrow and I'm supposed to get to start pureed foods... I've already purchased my favorite order of hummus. I may eat it in the parking lot at the doctor's office! ROFLMAO

I'm also FREEZING all the time! I mean, my hands could cool down a beer, cold! What's up with that?

I think it's interesting that my Hubby also has decided I must be doing better, because he left me with the dogs today for Breakfast. I went back to work yesterday, part time. It's hard, but I sit at a desk all day, so doable. I'm trying to save as much vacation time as I can. I am really ready for Friday.

This is a hard time for us... but we'll get through. It will only be a blip on the radar in a few months!

Hang in there! Better times are coming!!!!

I found that things generally get better day by day. When I reached the 6 month post-op mark, I finally reached my Happy State when many of the problems were finally resolved.

Hi there :) So I am 9 days post op... I am also grumpy at times and easily irritated. I think it's because we are hungry and our brains are in revolt LOL

I have my post op appointment tomorrow and I'm supposed to get to start pureed foods... I've already purchased my favorite order of hummus. I may eat it in the parking lot at the doctor's office! ROFLMAO

I'm also FREEZING all the time! I mean, my hands could cool down a beer, cold! What's up with that?

I think it's interesting that my Hubby also has decided I must be doing better, because he left me with the dogs today for Breakfast. I went back to work yesterday, part time. It's hard, but I sit at a desk all day, so doable. I'm trying to save as much vacation time as I can. I am really ready for Friday.

This is a hard time for us... but we'll get through. It will only be a blip on the radar in a few months!

Hang in there! Better times are coming!!!!

So you had to do only 10 days of liquid diet post op?

I am on my 2nd starting blended on Friday.

Will have to do some shopping tomorrow.

I have noticed that mornings are harder for me for some reason, I got tramadol to take for pain but I have to crush it and mix it into something and it tastes so bitter ugh. Can't wait for the day I dot. Have this pain anymore.

Yeah my hubby is not used to me being sick, he is a total baby when he has a cold or a flu but here I am after major surgery should be back on my feet already it seems...

I am glad I am not the only grumpy one of there, the thing is that I am not hungry, which is good but I am not used to this...

I took FML so I don't have to use my vacation. But all my sick time is being used up.

I am 7 1/2 months post op and I can tell you that I had the same issue, feeling grumpy, irritated and low energy. I was depressed at first because I couldn't eat regular foods and irritated that I couldn't have soda but I got over that. The low energy was from being dehydrated even though I was having a lot of fluids. My doctor ordered an at home IV for a week. Maybe you should ask your doctor if he/she thinks you're dehydrated.

living my life like it's healthy

This grumpy, irritable feeling is common and has a lot to do with your hormones. You will feel better but it's very important to get enough Protein, Water and take your Vitamins. And pet those dogs - that's supposed to be therapeutic.

Sent from my KFFOWI using the BariatricPal App

Thank you, working on the Water intake... I think today might be the first time I meet my water goal... I had very hard time drinking, seems things are getting a bit better.

Yes definitely puppy therapy here is a must :)

Thank you for encouragement :)

I would like to find the fast forward button for few weeks ahead to the day i would feel good again...