Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A bit of sabotage going on with your folks?

Do talk to them. Maybe they are afraid and figure if they hold off money you won't do it. Or some kinda game. WHY won't they loan you the money? You will also need money for your special foods and such.

But, if they won't budge, my best ideas are these:

*If you have a clear title on a car, you can get an awful high interest signature loan of about $300-600 dollars.

*You can pawn stuff. Usually you get it for 3 months, then you have to pay the interest and can keep the item (re-newing the loan every 30-90 days with interest payments.

*Got anything you can sell? "Anything" adds up quick. (Re-sale toys on Craigslist or at a resale shop, Retro Stuff, books to Halfprice books, Jewelry on Craigslist, Furniture). Of course, met people in public to sell stuff. When I have to sell stuff, I make it slightly cheaper than others to get it gone quicker.

*Craigslist for temp bartending jobs, catering jobs, babysitting jobs. Call catering companies to work a few weekends. *Temporary agencies (often more trouble than they are worth....)

*Get a job (Denny's) and don't tell em about surgery and then quit with only a few days notice..

*Can your boyfriend do lawn work or something else on nights/weekends for the cash.

All those above I have done for quick cash.

Good Luck

@@Anna Nim has a bunch of good ideas. Just to add a bit of a ranking to what she laid out:

1a. Temp job

1b. Sell stuff on craigslist/ebay

2. Real job but quit before surgery

3. Boyfriend 2nd job

4. Pawn stuff... not a great option as you likely will get pennies on the dollar and risk not getting items back if you can never come up with the money.

98. Sell kidney on black market.

99. pay day or title loan... seriously, avoid this option at all costs. Nothing will put you in financial ruin faster than a pay day loan.

Have you applied for Medicaid?

If you don't have a job, then your job should be looking for a job.

WLS is life changing--demanding and not cheap---pre-op +/or post op.

The cost of the surgery itself is only the beginning.

Maybe, you need to wait until you are a wee bit more financially comfortable and then have WLS. In the meantime, you can put into practice all that you have learned so far. That way when your journey starts again, you'll be off and running with a good head start.

Hi allyrenee11,

Have you considered surgery in Tijuana Mexico?

The cost is lower and the surgeons have more experience.

http://teammx.bariatricpal.com/pricing/

Please contact me if you are interested.

The surgeons have MORE experience??

Just because one reads a statement on the internet does NOT mean that it is true or factual.

PLEASE research, research and then research if considering going outside the USA for bariatric surgery--or any surgery.

More experienced???? REALLY????? SMH, SMH, SHM.

PRAYERS GOING UP FOR---ALL OF US.

Well, for example, Dr. jaime Ponce de leon in Tijuana. He has been doing Bariatric Surgeries for over 20 years.

Also, a surgeon in the US might be doing 3 maybe 5 surgeries in a week, Bariatric Surgeons in Tijuana may do 3 to 4 a day.

I can guarantee that they have more practice, therefore, more experience.

But, like Valentina stated, "DO YOUR RESEARCH". Because in Mexico, like in the US, there are surgeons you would definitely want to avoid.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Got to say I saw a post where they provide some guy to take you around when your recovering, he'll even take you sight seeing.... It's a tempting idea but you have to be comfortable to do it....

Well, for example, Dr. jaime Ponce de leon in Tijuana. He has been doing Bariatric Surgeries for over 20 years.

Also, a surgeon in the US might be doing 3 maybe 5 surgeries in a week, Bariatric Surgeons in Tijuana may do 3 to 4 a day.

I can guarantee that they have more practice, therefore, more experience.

But, like Valentina stated, "DO YOUR RESEARCH". Because in Mexico, like in the US, there are surgeons you would definitely want to avoid.

You can "guarantee" NO SUCH THING.

==and to give the example that "surgeons in Mexico" do more surgeries than those here at home--the USA therefore are more experienced is not only ridiculous but an extremely dangerously misleading statement.

"Assembly line surgery" (not my statement, but that of the Bariatric Surgeons of The United States), does not make surgery better. It just makes it fast. Is "fast" really what one wants when one is out cold and having someone in a rush cutting into their guts?

Home here in the USA, we have Bariatric Centers of Excellence with many surgeons with more than 20, 30 years of board certified successful bariatric surgeries.

I truly believe that the above statement of "Henry's" is totally misleading, nonfactual and extremely dangerous.

Please, also consider ---what if one has complications having surgery in Mexico??? Where do you go? Who do you see? The Mexican government historically has NOT "gotten involved" with medical malpractice situations. Ever try suing a doctor in Mexico?? Good luck with that.

Read some of the horror stories. One case where a man had bariatric surgery in Mexico, had complications. What was done for him? He was driven to the US border and left in a motel! --or the woman who paid for bariatric surgery in Mexico, just to find out years later that the Mexican surgeon cut into her, but never did her sleeve. Ask her how her suit is going against that Mexican surgeon. The stories go on and on.

I know there are many folks who went to Mexico and had a successful surgery. I'm just not sure whether it's worth rolling the dice. I would hope that one has enough love for one's self to wait until the money is saved to have the surgery here, at home, in the USA, where if there are complications the chance of a successful recourse is attainable.

just think about it. Do your research. EVERYTHIING you can find to read. Only then can you make an informed decision.

On this day, this is my own personal opinion.

God be with us.

Hmm let's see...

You're 22 years old with no money, no job, no insurance, bad credit, and your parents have decided not to help you because you won't get a job?

I hate to be a party pooper but just based on that little bit alone, I would have to side with them. I'm just guessing here, but it sounds to me like your folks might like to see you take some responsibility and perhaps grow up a little. And those are two things that I would highly recommend doing before having a surgery that will depend on you being accountable, responsible, and in charge. For the rest of your life.

Devastated isn't what you should be feeling, motivated is. If your parents wont help you unless you get a job, then get a job. That will solve your problem a lot faster than whining about it. :) Good luck!

#toughlove