Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OMG!...I think the first two numbers on my scale say 17_

I just made my 6 month surgiversary last week. Needless to say, the journey has just began. I stood on my scale this morning (day late from yesterday) and I have dropped down into the 170's at 179.2. A difference of nearly 68 lbs since beginning my journey last November. I am not sure what it was about this particular weight or those numbers but I was a bit in shock as I stood there looking down at the scale. I think it deals mostly with the amount of weight I still need to release/let go/fire (I don't generally say lose or lost if it is a purposeful act). With a goal weight of 145 lbs, 34.2 lbs seems just around the corner.

I am not saying it will easy or even that I can tell my body where to stop. Hell, 145 is just a number I chose based on where they say I should be for my height and age, etc. etc. etc. What I have control over is how I choose to use this tool to my benefit and that is what I do. My diet is not perfect, and by that I mean I choose to sip diet coke periodically, and I haven't tracked in at least 2 months but primarily because my diet consists of the same things. I drink coffee for Breakfast or my first meal every morning. Granted, I use vanilla Protein for Creamer. I work out 4 x weekly at a minimum and try to do active fun things on the weekends.

It seems that I have began rambling at some point, so bear with me on this reflective outburst I seem to be having. I suppose 6 months is a good point to consider the way ahead; to determine if I am happy with progress thus far (which I am) or if there is something differently I should be doing to maximize this opportunity so as not to become complacent. The truth is, I don't know if I should change anything at this point...which means I need to spend a little time reviewing my literature and looking through the topics here.

I guess the shock comes with not knowing what is in store for me, but being so far so quickly. I started with 102 pounds to let go; 68 of those have gotten the pink slip over such a short time. With there being potentially only 34 left to fire, I guess it bothers me that I do not have a true stop point; well not one that the higher ups (my body) is sharing with the lower level staff (my brain). Do I fear that I will be too thin? (not really, not yet). Do I think it will just stop all of a sudden or worse reverse direction? (I don't think that is it either). I believe it is more to do with...I can exercise all types of control over what I do, what I eat or don't; but the "goal" I am reaching for is unknown or out of my hands (arbitrary) and the one I set is just there so I can have an answer when asked. But next to asking how much have I lost, its the very next question people ask...what are you trying to get to, how much are you trying to lose, what's your goal?

From now on, I think I will opt for a more realistic response: "The ideal weight for a female of my age and height ranges from 118 to 154 lbs based on healthy BMI recommendations" LOL I guess I will find out when I get there.

From now on, I think I will opt for a more realistic response: "The ideal weight for a female of my age and height ranges from 118 to 154 lbs based on healthy BMI recommendations" LOL I guess I will find out when I get there.

I think to some extent that's true. I'm 5'5" and 70 years old, and my weight goal was 150 pounds. I hadn't weighed that in almost 40 years.

And then, during "maintenance" while eating 1700 calories/day for eight months I slowly lost another 15 pounds and wound up here -- at 135 pounds. It seems to be where my body likes it. At first, I thought I looked too skinny. But gradually I've realized I actually look great -- but slim and healthy.

As you obviously already appreciate, this trip is about a lot more than the scale.

:)

gallery_265888_23816_61067.jpggallery_265888_23816_56708.jpg

I guess I forgot the pics :P

Boy, I would give a toe or two to have a booty that looks like yours!

Mama!

Boy, I would give a toe or two to have a booty that looks like yours!

Mama!

LMAO well not really, it will probably be the last to go. My hubby approves!

How did you get your belly so flat?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

It was one of the first areas to slim down. But don't be fooled, I still have a small flap in my lower abdomen which will probably require surgery to remove, it is just not as noticeable in clothing. Oh, and I do lots of ab exercises...shooting for a 3 pack lol

When people ask me my goal weight I tell them simply "healthy". I'd be happy to lose anywhere from 50 to 140 pounds so I don't really have a number goal in mind, just healthier than I am now.

Congrats on your progress, you have a great curvy body!

Wendilin

When people ask me my goal weight I tell them simply "healthy". I'd be happy to lose anywhere from 50 to 140 pounds so I don't really have a number goal in mind, just healthier than I am now.

Wendilin

I like that answer, I may borrow it to tell myself when I have a weak moment. "Healthy", yep, that's my goal!

Thanks for the compliments, they have not gone unnoticed!

You look amazing!

qtonduty30

Wendilin

Keep up the good work

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal

I'm envious because my butt is flat and it's getting flatter. Of course it was before surgery too, lol. Thanks Mom.