Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Brachioplasty Surgery

Had surgery on 4/21 and still not sure I am happy or not? I hope I can do some firming up because I still don't like the way my arms look. post-227000-14637804746962_thumb.jpg

Did your doctor do Lipo when he did the brachioplasty? A friend of mine had hers done and because her doctor did no lipo, she ended up with arms that she is very unhappy with. When I had my arms done, I made sure to clarify that there would be lipo involved and my doctor said that it is customary to include lipo of the arms when doing a brachioplasty. Perhaps that isn't the case for everywhere?

Your arms look better than they did before, however if you are unhappy with them, you can request a redo. I didn't like my thighs so my doctor re-did them for free.

Your arms look SOOOO much better. Did you discuss expectations with your surgeon? Mine was careful I didn't have realistic expectations, especially with arms and thighs. He said you can only cut so much because there are a LOT of nerves and arteries in the arms and it's easy to cut too close to them and sever things. He warned me they wouldn't be perfectly tight. I didn't have any Lipo bc my body fat was only 17% at the day of surgery, but that is often done as well so that is another possibility.

Yeah I think they look better, but I want them to be tighter and firmer, but I know I have to put some work in which I am going to do. I guess I just wasn't expecting there to be any jiggle left. I don't know. Lol

Yeah I think they look better, but I want them to be tighter and firmer, but I know I have to put some work in which I am going to do. I guess I just wasn't expecting there to be any jiggle left. I don't know. Lol

I honestly don't think the idea of no jiggle at all may be realistic. My arms are very toned through yoga, but I still have a little left. They just can't cut too close because of all the arteries and nerves. But toning will certainly help to a degree.

I honestly don't think the idea of no jiggle at all may be realistic. My arms are very toned through yoga, but I still have a little left. They just can't cut too close because of all the arteries and nerves. But toning will certainly help to a degree.
Yeah I know there will be a little jiggle and I know they are definitely better than before. I just want them to be as toned as possible. Do you mind me asking what type of yoga poses and all that I can do? I've already done about 300 curls today with 4 lb weight. Lol

Yeah I know there will be a little jiggle and I know they are definitely better than before. I just want them to be as toned as possible. Do you mind me asking what type of yoga poses and all that I can do? I've already done about 300 curls today with 4 lb weight. Lol

I go to mostly Vinyasa and Ashtanga classes.... But I got started with YouTube videos--go there and look up Erin Moetz or "one bad yogi." I love her videos! Great place to start.

I attribute my arms to vinyasa... You can look on YouTube for vinyasa or chatturungha dandasana. It's a process--I could NOT do that at first but worked my way up. I really think classes are the best because an instructor can help you modify for your limitations but still get the most out of a pose! They will also help with your alignment so you can grow without injury!

@@kealot

I am also guessing you will also have some swelling for several months. I think they look very good compared to before. I am green with envy, my arms are the worst part of my excess skin.

Do you mind if I ask how much it cost you to have it done?

That seems early to be doing that many curls so soon after surgery. Be careful

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

@@kealot

I am also guessing you will also have some swelling for several months. I think they look very good compared to before. I am green with envy, my arms are the worst part of my excess skin.

Do you mind if I ask how much it cost you to have it done?

Yes they are still a little swollen. I know they look better than before, but I was hoping for them to be smaller. But oh well.

I had a breast lift and the brachioplasty combined and it was around $6000. This included the dr fees, anesthesia and operating room. I used a dr that had a residency student that was fixing to graduate, so he was able to assist and it kept my cost a little lower.

It's only been a month, I'm sure your still healing... I think it looks good... Was it painful?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Thank you. Yes I'm still healing. No pain at all. I was just sore and uncomfortable more than anything.

That seems early to be doing that many curls so soon after surgery. Be careful

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

It wasn't all at once. This was stretched out over about 8 hours. My dr told me I could start working back out at 1 month, but to just be careful. I was careful.