Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So excited and nervous! Is anyone else having surgery on my date? I would like us all in one thread to give our own experiences. It'll be great! We will all be in pain at the same time.

Edited by onmica

Good Morning Onmica, I am also having my sleeve on 5/24. I am so excited and nervous at the same time. I start my pre op diet tomorrow, which is also creepy because the surgery date is getting closer and closer. I am happy to get surgery, but nervous about saying goodbye to the foods I enjoy the most. Today I will have my farewell meal and then I will be on my journey to finally losing this weight! Good luck to you!

Oh wow.. I had my farewell meal 2 days ago. And yesterday lol.. Today, I finally got it together. I was in a 12 week class where I was weighed in every week. From my highest weight, I've lost 22 pounds.. And since I had my consultation this passed Friday, I've been going wild. I cheated 3 whole days because I'm going to miss all these tastes and flavors. I'm glad today I'm back on it. We have 8 days left! Ahh. What do you have ready? All I have in my duffel bag is a tooth brush and tooth paste. I need to go get a few things this week. Are you having trouble sleeping? My mind goes straight to the 24th. But I am most definitely excited this is finally happening.

@@Shemekasr @ - Hey Ladies, I don't mean to hijack your thread but you are not saying FOREVER goodbye to ALL of your favorite foods.

I eat like I am supposed to, an occasionally eat a bite or so of my pre-WLS favorites, so its not FOREVER goodbye.

Its all about using your tool - sleeve, band or bypass!

Good luck!

Thanks @@jane13 because I have certainly been in mourning, haha! @ yes, I am having a difficult time sleeping because I am so anxious! Although I am anxious, I know that I want this and that is a fact! I don't have anything prepared other than child care arrangements for my two kids, ages 1 and 4. Yesterday I went to the grocery store to shop for my pre-op diet. Tonight I am gonna go out to eat Mexican and have a much needed margarita!

Yes @@Shemekasr, I will go shopping tomorrow, I have a list ready and everything. I'm holding off on Protein Powder until after surgery because I know my tastes will change and I want to make sure I will still like the one I have now. But I am SO excited more than anything!! I keep looking at my suit case with all my jeans. I can't wait to leave the tights alone and rock my jeans.

Hi ladies, I'm also having surgery on the 24th! sleeping has been tough.....I can't get my mind off of the whole life style change....I worry too much about what other people will think. I went shopping the other day for foods that I may need the first four weeks....it takes forever to shop when your dissecting every single label.

Sent from my SM-G920T using the BariatricPal App

Lol.. It's so true. I am also fearing the change but hope to adjust very quickly with out a fight. I'm so glad there are a few of us.

Sent from my SM-G930T using the BariatricPal App

What's your stats...you know, age, weight, height, goal?

I'm 52, 225, 5' 5" pushing for 140 but I realize I'm 52 and don't need to necessarily get all the way down to 140. I'm getting RNY

Sent from my SM-G920T using the BariatricPal App

33, 5'5", 232lbs my goal is 145 and I'm also getting the bypass

My surgery date is 5/20, so only a few days before yours. I am ecstatic!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using the BariatricPal App

Yes @@Shemekasr, I will go shopping tomorrow, I have a list ready and everything. I'm holding off on Protein powder until after surgery because I know my tastes will change and I want to make sure I will still like the one I have now. But I am SO excited more than anything!! I keep looking at my suit case with all my jeans. I can't wait to leave the tights alone and rock my jeans.

What is your list for post op prep? Just curious.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using the BariatricPal App

On my list I don't have much. I'm getting chicken/beef broth, cream of Tomato Soup and sugar free Jello. I hear Jello is a real success. I'm only shopping for the liquid diet

Sorry @@Lana R. I linked you to the wrong one. This is the right now. Lol

@@ChooChi73

How are you feeling? Tomorrow is your big day! How exciting!