Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Facelifts, Botox, Injectables, Fillers, Lasers -- Plans, Stories, Prices, Problems, Results

@@proudgrammy she said I don't need it. I'm too young and according to her my skin is good. I can appreciate a plastic surgeon who won't do surgery if it's not really needed!

she said I don't need it. I'm too young - my skin is good.

@@MichiganChic

BCFF

doc said your skin is lookin' good!!

surgery not necessary per doc

injections et al help you to look/feel great (doc agrees)

unique/wonderful to find ANY doc being so upfront/honest.

honesty is all that it's cracked up to be!!

"face" and chin held high :rolleyes:

your "little self" stand tall and proud!!

kathy

I'm really glad I had my face lift. I couldn't stand my turkey neck

I sort of feel bad when people tell me all the time I don't look my age. I feel sort of bad when people ask my age and their mouths drop when I tell them I am 63.

At the same time, I don't want to tell everyone who tells me I look young that i had a face lift.

My face was numb for a long time and that was one draw back that really upset me. A lot of the feeling has finally come back now.

I didn't want to have to fool around constantly having to have injections of anything.

My sister had a Lifestyle lift to get rid of her turkey neck. She was happy with the results but is not sure she would do it again. It was a more painful recovery than she was led to believe. She had to sleep in a recliner for 2 months and the super tight feeling behind her ears did not go away for over a year.

glad I had my face lift. couldn't stand my turkey neck

@@Oregondaisy

i was in PS office after surgery

youngun and i compared notes

she had a breast lift

i told her i was 62, just had face lift

she said - "wow, you only look 61!!!"

i wasn't upset, too funny!!

i had that numb feeling too for awhile

now i'm "perfect" again LOL

so happy not having that damnnnn turkey neck

i was so scared to have face lift

if they screwed up my face

everyone sees the "new me"

where as if they screw up a TT - no one will see (i didn't have TT)

did you feel nervous too?

i chose not to have injections too

being "PC", injections must be great too!!

wrote more specifics in #20 & #29

kathy

To clarify, injections are a good alternative if you don't need plastic surgery. I do not think it is cheaper in the end, because you have to keep re-doing. It is good for those who need a little "refreshing".

Last night I got Voluma XL (1 syringe) and I think 10 units of Botox, and bought a large bottle of Latisse and it was just over $1000. So, it's not cheap (even though that's a great price for what I got). I will need that Botox again in about 3-4 months (I use it to give my brows a little lift), and the Voluma in 2 years (cheek volume). I could probably use also a little Juviderm again around my mouth, so maybe next time.

It is surprising how adding a little volume to your cheeks can really give your face a subtle but definite lifted look. You have to be careful because you could easily look over done, and that's not what I'm going for.

Hello Ladies,

I am 5 years s/p lap band. I went from 235 to 119 , it took 5 years. I was too thin, band became too tight after weight loss (can't figure that out, barium studies showed it was tight but ok) and my surgeon developed an illness and quit practice so I did not know who to see. All that is resolved now and I am a healthy 135 at 5'4". I lost a tremendous amout of volume in my face and I looked like 10 miles of bad road, like a bassett hound. Had a mid face lift and upper eye lift and it made a huge difference. Took 10-15 years off my face. Find the best, most recommended surgeon you can and go for it, such a pleasure not to hear "you look tired, are you ok?"!!!!!!!!

Best Wishes,

Laura

post-109426-0-14880900-1463595449_thumb.jpg

Edited by LappingItUpInFL

Oooooooo that is NICE work. You look completely natural and not overdone. You have beautiful skin too!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I have been using Botox for 7 years. As such I only need to go twice a year to get it done. I started fillers a year and a half ago. That is still a bit of trial and error. First I did under the eyes as my weight loss gave me serious bags under them but I got overfilled. Now a year later, no more bags or overfilled look. Two weeks ago, I had my nasal labial folds done and I LOVE how that turned out. I recommend starting with injectables, you can still consider surgical options if you are not satisfied with the results.

Prices: 40 units of Botox and one syringe of Juvederm cost me $900.