Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved April 27. Just wondering if it is normal to feel this depressed. Lost 20 pounds since start of preop diet but feeling super depressed. Like I resent having to cook for my family and I'm just angry because while my clothes are getting big (just had to donate my first load) I don't see the change in myself. I'm so miserable and have so many emotions and I don't understand why. I can tell people are feeling uncomfortable around me and I want to be happy but just am not there

Sent from my XT1585 using the BariatricPal App

@@beggingtobehealthy - yes. On top of dealing with REAL issues relating to your relationship with food, and feeling deprived during the transition, the hormones stored in fat are dumping out at a rate you have never dealt with. (I would watch Pretty Woman and cry...if you knew me, you would know that was a real signal that something was off). Please give yourself some grace during this transition. Welcome to the other side and enjoy some great walks which help a bunch with stress and weight loss.

It's really tough. I didn't realize my connection to food until now. I see the results but I don't feel healthy because I really can't tolerate much. This is a pretty good forum for support but I had to reach out to my medical team. I am still struggling with the regret 5 weeks post op.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

(I would watch Pretty Woman and cry...

OK Pirate......you're banned from the Guys room.... :unsure:

@@Recycled - dude it was either you or @BigViffer who mentioned the hormone dump and feeling weird and dealing with conflicting emotions and feeling like a wussy in the Guy's Room. On the other side of the coin, my sex drive went through the roof...the only thing I can liken it too was adolescence again at 52. However once I found that thread it all made sense...which is what this site is supposed to do. Once I figured out what was happening was I able to channel it constructively. However the sex was REALLY GREAT.

Sleeved April 27. Just wondering if it is normal to feel this depressed. Lost 20 pounds since start of preop diet but feeling super depressed. Like I resent having to cook for my family and I'm just angry because while my clothes are getting big (just had to donate my first load) I don't see the change in myself. I'm so miserable and have so many emotions and I don't understand why. I can tell people are feeling uncomfortable around me and I want to be happy but just am not there

Yes. You are not alone. My surgery was April 28 and I too lost 20 lbs so far. I am depressed if I am alone or not at work. So stay busy doing things you love. I told my husband and son they have to cook for themselves until I am on regular food. Not sure if you can do that but I strongly suggest it.

Yes. You are not alone. My surgery was April 28 and I too lost 20 lbs so far. I am depressed if I am alone or not at work. So stay busy doing things you love. I told my husband and son they have to cook for themselves until I am on regular food. Not sure if you can do that but I strongly suggest it.

While I have a great guy to call my own, his idea of cooking is swiping his atm card :( I don't want my kids to have fast food more than once in awhile

Can you get "assembly" type foods on hand for him that would make it easy for him to cook up dinner for the kids? Example: rotisserie chicken cut up + bagged slaw + tortillas + bottled peanut sauce = Thai taco night. Ramen noodles+frozen japenese veggies+ cut up leftover meat= noodle bowl night. You get the picture. Also staying on this sight and listening to the positive people is really helping with my depression

This is fairly common. It's hormones and hopefully you'll feel better both mentally and physically soon. I also recommend this book.

http://www.amazon.com/Emotional-First-Aid-Kit-Practical/dp/0976852659