Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Failing my LAP-BAND and myself

So in 2010 I got a lap band it started off wonderful I lost about 80 pounds. Actually a lot of things in my life changed with in that first year such as leaving a very abusive man and just being all around happy with my self. I shortly after meet someone new fell in love got pregnant well we had our own issues and I kinda of fell off track. I started to get back on track and ended up getting pregnant again and after I had him I had a IUD put in..... Worse mistake ever I went from having control over craving to feeling the need to eat everything and anything in sight and put on about 100 pounds. I finally got the dang thing taken out I no longer have alot of the issues I did but being about the same weight as I was 6 years ago makes me feel as If i have failed. I have been trying to get back on track but between a supper skinny supportive husband and trying to raise my 3 kids I cant find the motivation to actually work out to help me drop the weight.I know that life is life and can get in the way most of all when we let it as I have and we fail and I just cant find any motivation to stay on track right now it seems little things just get me so down and I fall off track again I dont know why I am even posting other then to put how i feel out there right now most of all since i have been back and forth for a little on joining a gym but with otu someone to go with i fear my anxiety and ptsd will get the best of me and ill not go

I am new to the whole lap-band experience, but I have been in your shoes a couple of times in my life in regards to regaining weight that I worked so hard to lose and then just not having the motivation to restart that struggle. I do have a question. Do you still have your lap band? Is it not giving you any kind of support or are you just fighting against it?
The advice I see most often to regain control is to start over with the beginning diet. Go back to Protein Shakes, soft foods, etc... This seems like a good way to get rid of the healthy habits and cravings and just reset your mind and body for the work ahead. I think I would also go back to a bariatric center and see if the band is still filled or might be something that has happened over the years to make it less effective for you.

Best of luck!

Yes I still have my lap band. I think the major reason for the weight gain back is in part to the fact I have had 2 pregnancy and after my last child I had a IUD put in and the hormonal issues were supper bad for me once i got it in. I went from having energy to all ways wanting to sleep it made my body hurt I had major cravings even looking at food I would put on weight. Since I have had the IUD removed I dropped 30 pounds in 5 weeks. I never had a fill either because I was dropping so fast that first year could play a part but I think a lot of it is the issues I had with the IUD since i noticed this past week I am gaining more energy and starting to feel less sore all over but the Dr said it could take some time for my body to fully fix it self from the issues my IUD caused for 2 I had it.

I am glad removing the IUD has helped the situation. After your body has rebalanced itself, maybe a fill is in order for full benefits from the lap-band. Best of luck going forward.

Hiya, I'm new here. I've had my band about 5-6 years now. I've had countless fills and aspirations. I'm totally out of my 2 yr 'free' adjustments so have to pay £100 each time now. I seem to have it too loose so can eat an Atkins style diet which I don't stick to so then have it tight and then can only eat soft stuff so just not losing weight. I eat too much and graze on big meals. The band has not helped to cure my 'head' and the issues I have with food so I'm always cheating the band. Waste of money for me I feel, I was even looking at posts about self filling/aspirating to save on the money and to stop getting told off by my nurse! Don't know whether to just have it emptied and have done with it. I'm not a yo yo dieter as have never stuck to a diet long enough to actually lose weight! I put the weight on after having my kids and was told to eat full fat food to make my milk richer but now I can't break to habit and food addictions. Totally miserable and fat...can't have a bypass as brother in law died after one which went wrong. Gggggggrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaahhhhhhhhh