Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well day 2 was a workout. Was so happy to be able to drink. Sipping on Water felt great, my mouth felt like a cotton ball. Didn't even think I could even get the water down. When they showed up with apple juice I went crazy. Sipped away but yikes ...... adding that to the Fluid I had to drink for the x-ray cause what felt like a bomb in my gut ready to blow up. Very uncomfortable, spent the rest of the day walking doing the breathing exercises trying to get any kind of relief. Feeling a wide range of feeling like, oh my God what did I do........ well day three is better and I remember reading each day gets better. Well folks I agree. Today is better. I am heading home today which makes me very happy. Been sipping on water for fours today and all is going well. Straight ahead I go. This site has been great because you can get an idea of what your experience could end up being. [emoji1]

Just a little advice about apple juice. Mix it 50/50 with Water to dilute it. It can be a little hard on your baby sleeve. And definitely stay away from more acidic juices like orange juice and grape juice in the very beginning.

Thanks i will do that for sure.

Sent from my LG-V496 using the BariatricPal App

@@Jazzcat What a great attiitude! And you seem to be off to an awesome start too.

Take it easy the next few days ... continue to follow your plan and get your fluids, but also give your body time to regain strength after your surgery. By day 5 I felt great & was wanting to get out in the real world (as opposed to my neighborhood).

Look forward to hearing more about your journey as you continue!

I am really so excited for you! It can be rough starting out, but a good attitude will get you far. Just have to hang in there through the tough times. Focus on meeting your daily (and even hourly) targets with Water, Protein, Vitamins, and walking. If you are having gas pain, walking will help. And if you are feeling run down, walking will help too. I found that even though sometimes I felt miserable and like I didn't want to move, if I got up and walked a bit, I actually felt a lot better.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches