Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HIGH QUALITY multivitamins

I know there is a lot of discussion on these boards about Vitamins and supplements.

However I have a specific question.

A lot of Multivitamins have additives and extra chemicals and sweetners in the chewables and liquid.

I am looking for Multivitamins that are high quality, no added chemicals or additives and no added sweeteners. Have any of the resources or do any of you know about these kinds of multivitamins. I am specifically looking for liquid or chewables.

Is there a reason it has to be liquid or chewable?

I am guessing because mostly all over the counter multivitamins in pill form are huge pills, which early on in the process can be difficult to digest. I know you can get prescription Multivitamin pills that are extremely tiny yet as powerful as 3 over the counter pills. But again that is a prescription which will require a doctor permission to use. I would think getting on either a prescription multivitamin pill or shot is probably going to be the easiest answer to this question.

As a scientist who works in the pharma industry, I'm going to ask you to be more specific about what you consider "additives and extra chemicals".

A liquid multivitamin would have to at least have a liquid base that the Vitamins are soluble in (and for some of the Vitamins, a solubilizer so that they will go into solution).

And in the case of a chewable tablet, you couldn't just blend the individual Vitamin powders and easily compress into a tablet that will maintain its shape without having some sort of compression aid and likely a suitable lubricant to keep it from sticking to the tableting equipment.

As for sweeteners, the pure Vitamin compounds will be extremely bitter in taste so I doubt you'll any that don't have some sort of sweetener/flavoring agent although you can probable find some "natural" agents in some brands rather than synthetic.

Yes, Liquid or chewable because of the size of the regular tablets or capsules and how many need to be taken each day.

I am guessing because mostly all over the counter multivitamins in pill form are huge pills, which early on in the process can be difficult to digest. I know you can get prescription multivitamin pills that are extremely tiny yet as powerful as 3 over the counter pills. But again that is a prescription which will require a doctor permission to use. I would think getting on either a prescription multivitamin pill or shot is probably going to be the easiest answer to this question.

Some good points. I was using Intramax liquid multivitamins which were very 'clean' in terms of ingredients but not only had multivitamins but also so many other additional supplements and I was having a bad reaction to something in that multivitamin liquid. (over 400 nutrients which is probably too much and something I was reacting to). And it was also ridiculously expensive. So I am looking for something that gives me the Vitamins and minerals I need in a healthy solution form.

As a scientist who works in the pharma industry, I'm going to ask you to be more specific about what you consider "additives and extra chemicals".

A liquid multivitamin would have to at least have a liquid base that the Vitamins are soluble in (and for some of the vitamins, a solubilizer so that they will go into solution).

And in the case of a chewable tablet, you couldn't just blend the individual Vitamin powders and easily compress into a tablet that will maintain its shape without having some sort of compression aid and likely a suitable lubricant to keep it from sticking to the tableting equipment.

As for sweeteners, the pure Vitamin compounds will be extremely bitter in taste so I doubt you'll any that don't have some sort of sweetener/flavoring agent although you can probable find some "natural" agents in some brands rather than synthetic.

I've been taking Vitamins in capsule form, the ones recommended by my surgeon, since 7 day's post op. Prior to that, I was breaking the capsules open and mixing the powder inside into my Protein Shakes and drinkable yogurt. But I was cleared to start swallowing them whole at 7 days post-op. One capsule, three times a day.