Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello all, I've had Gastric bypass March 8th. I noticed that I really don't have anyone to talk to that has been through it or someone that is going through it.. Just need someone to be able to ask question and find out if anyone is experiencing the same or similar things that I am going through....

I had gastric bypass March 12 2015. I have lost 134 lbs so far. I have had a great experience so far. I have had a few complications but nothing I hadn't expected. My daughter is having surgery next month. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. If I know the answer I will help you

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

So, my energy level is -2 lol.. I am 2mths post op. What did u do to increase your energy level? And did u have problems eating any kind of meat, fish or chicken.. It seems to all get stuck in my troat no matter how much I chew it... Any advise??

Sent from my SM-G925T using the BariatricPal App

So, my energy level is -2 lol.. I am 2mths post op. What did u do to increase your energy level? And did u have problems eating any kind of meat, fish or chicken.. It seems to all get stuck in my troat no matter how much I chew it... Any advise??

Hello. Though I am still a newbie (I had my surgery in Feb), I remember when my first few weeks of having no energy at all. It will pass but to help make sure you are taking B-12 and Iron regularly.

As for the meat, chicken is the hardest thing for me to eat (our program doesn't allow for red meat until 6 months.) Yet I have found that shredding chicken helps. Fish was fairly easy for me but if it's a bit dry, it is a no go for my stomach. Have you tried salmon and crab?

Hello. Though I am still a newbie (I had my surgery in Feb), I remember when my first few weeks of having no energy at all. It will pass but to help make sure you are taking B-12 and Iron regularly.

As for the meat, chicken is the hardest thing for me to eat (our program doesn't allow for red meat until 6 months.) Yet I have found that shredding chicken helps. Fish was fairly easy for me but if it's a bit dry, it is a no go for my stomach. Have you tried salmon and crab?

I have tried salmon and it all feels funny and feels like it gets stuck in my throat. I have not tried crab, but will do that.. Thank you

No problem! I am not a big lobster or crab fan, but my third week out I ordered steamed lobster; to my surprise it went down smoothly.

Can we eat quinoa? Have you tried??

Hi there I had my gastric bypass 6 days ago and I have absolutely no one to talk to either haha iv just downloaded this app as Facebook has a couple of support groups but mainly based in the states and no one is online when I am, hoping this is the better place to chat x

Hey ya'll I would just love to have a buddy or two to have to talk to going through all these changes. I have been through the major part of the surgery road of my journey I am dealing with the psychological part of the change of loosing the weight, and getting used to seeing this different person I don't recognise in the mirror when I walked by it.

Hi there I had my gastric bypass 6 days ago and I have absolutely no one to talk to either haha iv just downloaded this app as Facebook has a couple of support groups but mainly based in the states and no one is online when I am, hoping this is the better place to chat x

How are you feeling after 6days??

Hey ya'll I would just love to have a buddy or two to have to talk to going through all these changes. I have been through the major part of the surgery road of my journey I am dealing with the psychological part of the change of loosing the weight, and getting used to seeing this different person I don't recognise in the mirror when I walked by it.

When did you have your surgery??? How are you dealing??

Im almost 3 months out and I just got my energy back in the last couple of weeks.. I started eating chicken thighs instead of white meat, its a little smoother going down since its not as dry.

Im 2 1/2 mths out..Yesss, I had drumstick last night and it went easier..what else do you eat to maintain Protein? ?

@@schwa22 I had my sleeve on March 7. When you eat meat try to use a FF gravy. This will help make it moist and go down better. I also have found white chicken hard to get down, so I've been sticking with boneless skinless chicken thighs and they go down much better. Ground turkey and chicken are also another go Protein for me. As far as quinoa try a little bit (if your plan allows). Mine does and it sat heavy. Brown rice is also better than white rice, I used that when I made stuffed peppers and was able to eat the rice!! I'd love to keep in touch with you, we have our surgeries one day apart!! I hope you find this information helpful!!

Thank you @@jenmcd623 that was great information. I would like to keep in touch. Its makes it easier to get thru thing and compare food choices and emotions with someone so close to the same surgery date.. With that being said... How is your energy level, mine is horrible, but I think its getting btr..