Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Whats Possible? 43 y/o, F, 5'6 280lbs, medium build

So, my surgery date is may 23rd, assuming insurance approves- which I should know this week (knock wood)

I know we're all different, but I'd love to hear from anyone with similar 'specs' as me...like most, I've battled me weight forever. Diets work, then they dont. I've never really exercised....although I try to walk as much as I can anywhere. I have 3 kids, and a ft desk job. I consider myself to have a superslow metabolism but have never been formally diagnosed with anything.

I plan on having a calorie intake of 600-800 (?) and I'm fine with high Protein, low carb... when I did medifast I was the the most successful. I felt really in control too.

Any experience and advice is really appreciated! I'm trying hard to stay positive/excited- and not nervous!

Sleeved 11/5/2015, age = 45, height = 5'9, HW 292, SW 274, CW 211. Down 81 lbs in almost 6 months and thrilled with my progress so far! :)

I am the exact age, height and my starting weight was 268. I had bypass on March 22 and am currently at 225 as of today may 1. I am pretty active, but the biggest change is I never feel hungry, ever. I have to force myself to eat to get in the Protein and nutrients I need. Before, all I could think of was what and when I was going to eat next.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

OH MY GOD! Those are amazing results!! I'm the same way... I basically graze all day now- I know I have the power not to do that, I'm ready to take back control. I'm so excited for you- thats amazing!

@@ejirish

Sleeved at age 45 in 2014. BMI 42. I'm 5' 5" Starting weight 254. Current weight 134. Maintenance 1 year 5 months.

My advice..lol

(1) Never compare your weight loss with anyone else...It WILL drive you crazy :o

(2) It not how fast you drop weight...Its the fact you are dropping weight.

(3) you can get out of surgery what you are willing to put into it. ( Exception complications etc)

(4) The only person that has to be happy with your results is you.

(5) Choose carefully information and statistics you read online. Strive for what success looks like for you.

@jenn1

All true- great advice! I just need this to be successful.... I cant wait!

And do NOT expect it to "fall" off. For some it does, for others, like me, I see a jump in the numbers. I'll stay at one number sometimes for a week and then boom down 5-6 pounds.

Bypass- 3/23. HW - 272. SW-262. Current - 233. That's 29 lbs in 6 weeks.

Edited by LisaMergs

So, my surgery date is may 23rd, assuming insurance approves- which I should know this week (knock wood)

I know we're all different, but I'd love to hear from anyone with similar 'specs' as me...like most, I've battled me weight forever. Diets work, then they dont. I've never really exercised....although I try to walk as much as I can anywhere. I have 3 kids, and a ft desk job. I consider myself to have a superslow metabolism but have never been formally diagnosed with anything.

I plan on having a calorie intake of 600-800 (?) and I'm fine with high Protein, low carb... when I did medifast I was the the most successful. I felt really in control too.

Any experience and advice is really appreciated! I'm trying hard to stay positive/excited- and not nervous!

If you plan on having 600-800 calories a day post-op for the long term you are going to have even worse than a super slow metabolism. Why 600-800 calories? Where did that number come from? Your NUT?

Post-op, your primary focus needs to be getting enough Protein and fluids, not minimizing calories.

As to what is possible? Anything is possible if you are realistic and focus on doing your part and being healthy.

I was scared silly before the surgery but I am super glad I did it now and recommend it any chance I get! My doctor just simply told me that the only thing that would stop me from be a superstar as apposed to a great patient is just my desire to lose the weight! So I say you should expect what your willing to work for! I won't stop till I get where I want to be! I have always dealt with a slow metabolism too. My advice for that would be find a great supplement, I felt the change in myself after I started take quality vitamins! Good luck on your journey!

Specs: 42 yo female (41 at WLS)

HW pre-op - 305lbs

5'5"

Size 26/28

Previous spinal injury limiting mobility & exercise

Diabetic, HBP, High Cholesterol, sleep apnea

WLS (VSG) - 5/11/15

In less than (almost!) one year:

CW - 173lbs

Size 12

Off all prescription medications, fasting glucose approx. 105-110 daily

"WOG" (walk/jog combination) 3-4 times per week

Completed more than 10 5K races since 8/15

About to begin training to walk a marathon in Sept.

Post-op recovery was less than 2 weeks. Only regret is that I didn't do this sooner!!!

I'm 5' 6" 1/2. Weighed 270 before pre op diet. Had surgery one week ago and now 249. Started diet April 11. I too battled weight all my life since puberty. 50 years old. Hope this info helps

I am 53, I am 5'2 starting weight in December '15 was 225 I also had HBP.

Surgery date was 2/25/16 I have never had any complications and I follow my surgeons advice to a T.

As of today my weight is at 177!!!

Good luck!