Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 18 days post op and I am having poop issues. I have not gone in 4 days?! I'm eating mostly liquids and mushy foods but have had some soft fish. I'm getting nervous. Plus the scale hasn't moved in those 4 days and I'm sure that's why. Anyone else have this problem?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

trust me we all went through what you are experiencing I called my doctor I was so scared they prescribe something don't recall what because instead I drank prune juice yuk but I pooped then another 4 or 5 days went by pooped again stayed on liquids and I lost double digits each week because I followed to the tee what the paper said to do each week one year later I lost 80 lbs I gain a pound lose a pound no big deal as long I don't go up I am happy I went to the gym the first day after the hospital walk half hour for two months then the other half hour I rode the bike two months before I started to jog because my stomach was still adjusting plus I a eat today like a bird which I do not miss food I save on money I eat one yogurt in the morning no coffee until one year lunch for me was early I quit eating at 4 or 5pm but pooping will come naturally you will see no big deal plus every time you poop you poop what you eat good luck

Today was my first time going in 12 days. I used to be a multi time per day kinda gal. It took me two doses of chocolate laxative and two suppositories before I could go. My dr says it's normal. I used to be putting crap into my body and shoveling food in my mouth as quick as I can. Now I can only handle an occasional popsicle or sip of a Protein shake. Protein constipates you. After I finally went today, I was sweating and felt drained. It doesnt help that it was my first movement post op. Definitely try a couple days of stool softener or laxatives I personally prefer the chocolate ones since they are easier to break down than pills. And don't be afraid of suppositories. It's not a walk in the park but clearing out your system ID amazing...

Sent from my XT1585 using the BariatricPal App

Get over to Walgreens or some other Drug store and pick up a couple of bottles of Magnesium Citrate. It comes in small 10 oz bottles. Comes in several flavors and tastes like unsweetened kool aid. Goes down better cold, stick it in the Fridge and drink the whole bottle all at once. It is very gentle and will work in a couple of hours. And it WILL work,.......quickly......so don't venture far from a bathroom.

Being bound up was the worst feeling I had during my entire WL process. I would have made a deal with the Devil to get relief. I now always keep a couple of bottles MagCit in the fridge just in case. ;)

Plus, Now I usually take a Colace with my daily Vitamins. Haven't had any issues for a couple of years now.

Are you uncomfortable? If you're not in discomfort, I would do nothing. You're having mostly liquids, it may take a while for something more solid to move through your system enough to make it to your large colon. Even if you're eating something solid, it may not have enough Fiber to actually produce any stool.

I propose that if you procure Miralax powder and take as directed, you will be pooping profusely pretty darned quick

P.S. Perhaps I should have said that you then will be proudly, productively and profusely performing pooping in a perfectly normal process - about the most p-consonance I can come up with ;)