Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does anyone else get nauseous when they are yelling? This never happened before surgery, but now if I'm yelling for the kids to clean their room, or cheering/yelling at their soccer games, I get SUPER nauseous. Is this from the surgery (I also had a hernia repair) and from working those muscles?

Sent from my SM-G900P using the BariatricPal App

Well.......I do seem to remember when I was a kid, my mom used to come in my bedroom and when she saw the mess, she would say "you make me sick" ...............could be the same thing..... :rolleyes:

Well.......I do seem to remember when I was a kid, my mom used to come in my bedroom and when she saw the mess, she would say "you make me sick" ...............could be the same thing..... :rolleyes:

Lol! I wish it was that, but it really is nausea ever since I got sleeved.. it's so weird & I have to limit my yelling (which is hard to do with non-stop arguing kids), but I just assume it's the surgery/hernia repair. Blah

@@fullyalive

I'm the calmest, most centered man ever to exist, so I don't yell...

Plus, I don't have kids...

Do you want me, for the sake of science, to come around and yell at yours?

It'd be weird at first, but I'm sure we'd all get used to it quickly...

Have a think...

Let me know...

@@fullyalive

I'm the calmest, most centered man ever to exist, so I don't yell...

Plus, I don't have kids...

Do you want me, for the sake of science, to come around and yell at yours?

It'd be weird at first, but I'm sure we'd all get used to it quickly...

Have a think...

Let me know...

Yes, please! Maybe they will do their chores. They're so sweet around strangers, but you flip that switch on my bipolar ass, and I go postal if you don't do what Momma says!

I just assume it's the surgery/hernia repair

Yep, probably is. So it's the perfect time to just say you don't feel good and retire to a quiet room with the door closed and take a nap.

It's not like they're gonna pay any attention to you yellin at them anyway

Kids can sense when you're in a weakened state....... ^_^

@@fullyalive

Righto, I'm on my way...

And once the chores are done, they can wash my car!!

When you've finished with the kids KF I've got my recently re-homed mutt in season and it appears that she has gone deaf due to her hormones. Could you drop by and deal with her? I don't feel nauseous when I yell at her, I just have strained vocal chords but my core muscles are getting a great workout! Sooner the dog has a shag the better. My voice can go back to normal. Just a quick pic to show you our (local) walk yesterday. Yep, that is Hampton Court Palace and yep, we can, and do, walk freely in the surrounding parkland. Bliss.

post-266130-1462087152651_thumb.jpg

Edited by jintycb

@@jintycb

Ummmmmmmmmm...

Did you just ask me to come and service your dog?

KF, are you just being obtuse to wind me up? Of course I don't want the bitch serviced!!!!!! Bit of domination and discipline to put her in her place maybe but anything else-perish the thought! Anyway, I apologise for my previous post-you could easily have misconstrued my early morning ramblings-it is Sunday and it was a bit early for me. Reading it back now at 18.45pm here in the UK it does sound a bit like I had lost my marbles earlier. Hey ho.......maybe some of brain cells are joining the lard in vacating my body or maybe it's just early onset senile dementia due to my advancing years. What d'you reckon oh wise one?

Does anyone else get nauseous when they are yelling? This never happened before surgery, but now if I'm yelling for the kids to clean their room, or cheering/yelling at their soccer games, I get SUPER nauseous. Is this from the surgery (I also had a hernia repair) and from working those muscles?

I beginning to wonder if your hormones are going wildly out of control when you get upset.

A hormonal flushing is not unheard of after WLS. This could be causing your nausea .

That's my theory and I'm sticking to it. :)

Keep us posted.

Prayers going up for you.

PS: I am sooo thankful that my two daughters are grown and on their own... :)

I would guess that you are somehow stimulating your vagus nerve when you yell, and that is what is causing the nausea. I've read that just feeling stress can stimulate the nerve, or maybe it has something to do with you taking in a big breath of air before you yell and activating the nerve that way.