Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am currently on the 2 week pre-op diet, and hungry all of the time. I have a question for all of you who are post-op, are you hungry all of the time or has the smaller stomach reduced your appetite also? I feel like half the battle is conquering the hunger right now.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

The preop diet gets easier after about the third day, so hang in there!

I can honestly say that in my 7+ weeks postop, I haven't had a single moment of hunger. There have been times when I've known I ought to eat something, but 99% of the time, I eat because I know I have to.

I had no hunger for about the first 8 months after surgery. It came back though! I was really glad I had worked hard during those months to build good eating habits and kick the carb and sugar monsters to the curb.

I am 5 weeks post op today. And I feel so hungry all the time. Not sure why... And since the swelling is gone, I noticed that I can eat a whole can of tuna and still have room for Water. The beginning of the 4th week I was allowed to start on the solids. And it took me forever to finish an egg. Now it doesn't even get me full. And the weird thing is 10 minutes after I eat, I get hungry right away... I am thinking maybe I am not having enough Protein but that's all I eat. So I am starting to get worried as well...

I am 5 weeks post op today. And I feel so hungry all the time. Not sure why... And since the swelling is gone, I noticed that I can eat a whole can of tuna and still have room for Water. The beginning of the 4th week I was allowed to start on the solids. And it took me forever to finish an egg. Now it doesn't even get me full. And the weird thing is 10 minutes after I eat, I get hungry right away... I am thinking maybe I am not having enough Protein but that's all I eat. So I am starting to get worried as well...

Only eat what you're plan suggests and don't keep eating even if you feel hungry. Take a Pepcid or Zantac - it might be stomach acid. Also be sure not to drink 30 mins before or 30 mins after eating. If you think you're hungry - try drinking more Water or some broth - but after at least 30 mins from when you are.

I'll be five weeks on Thursday and have similar issue. I get full pretty easily but then I'm hungry in two hours. I'm not sure if I'm drinking enough between eating or what the issue is but I'm worried about that. Luckily I fill up quick so I can't over do it. I guess it's just working on a balanced diet.

I am six weeks out and I too am feeling hungry all of the time. I am using My Fitness Pal ap and I am easily consuming 1200 calories a day AND am meeting my Protein and Water requirements.

I'm scared because I am reading people who are not feeling hunger and I AM! AGHHHHHH

I'm 2 weeks post-op, but one thing I've definitely realized (even before the surgery) is that many programs have similar, but different recs for post-op diets. So, please forgive me if I'm talking about something you already do. Our program's nutritionist has drummed it into our head that, in addition to our food (we start on mushies/solids but Protein only starting week 2), regardless of what we eat, we are to get 60-90g protein a day from supplements for the first 3 mos. (Can't have Protein Bars though until 4 weeks out). I usually use ProtiDiet Hot chocolate (2 scoops = 20g pro) in the a.m. and then drink 1-2 Premiers (30g), but the days I fail to do this in addition to my food are the only days I've ever felt hungry. So, as soon as I feel hungry and realize this, I grab a Protein Drink. There's no way I could get enough pro with food alone at this point. So, if your program didn't recommend that, and you aren't doing that, it might be worth it to give that a try so that you don't overfill your sleeve.

I swear I woke up from surgery feeling hungry. I wish I would havebeen one of those people who lost the hungar feeling.

i definitely is not head hunger.... i know the differences. This is an empty feeling hunger pangs in my stomach