Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am currently listening to an episode of the TED Radio Hour called "Press Play." It's about the importance of play in our lives. One example is a game called "Super Better". Super Better actually sounds like a great game for anyone who is struggling. Has anyone played it? How do you incorporate play into your daily life?

http://www.npr.org/programs/ted-radio-hour/390249044

My play is tickling the dogs tummy and fighting for possession of the toy with the other dog. Cuddling the cats. Not so long ago i pondered about having fun in a previous life. Fun changes.

And there's a Web site -- a whole dealio.

https://www.superbetter.com/

Thanks for sharing this. They mentioned it in the story but I hadn't yet looked it up.

"Playing SuperBetter for 30 days improves mood, reduces symptoms of anxiety & depression and increases belief in the ability to successfully achieve goals."

One thing I found sobering was the section on the research on violent criminals: how many of them were never allowed to play as children.

Also, how important play is for all humans, even adults!

I think about this a lot too. A famous author, scholar and scientist Bruce Lipton has scientific proof that all that happens between the age of 1-6 becomes engrained in our subconsious which in turn makes us who we from adolescents to adults. I think about all of those poor children plucked from their mothers arms at such an early age to become a warrior or soldier in other countries like Afganistan. Even the young girls in other cultures being trained to be subservient to men. Where and when do they get to just play and be kids? How is a child stuck in an abusive foster home going to find time to play? More importantly what kind of adults are these kids going to be? Not all will become violent, but I would imagine a large percentage will.

Sorry for the ramble Inner Surfer Girl, I am going to check out this Super Better game you mentioned. I did come from a family that played, now I am an adult that still loves a good card game or beating the ladies at Mahjong on Tuesdays :D

I think play of all kind is very important for all humans, even for those too busy, just to take 30-min to an hour to play at something, with your kids, your dog or your partner....even as a team member like Trivia nights.